Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making my game into a browser based game.

dray777

Do not Use WebGame Builder it is Unstable, and constantly crashes your Server over the Net. It is not intended for the Eclipse Game Engine. Trust me I have tested this several time before. That is when I found OSAKIT which is perfect for the game engine and server. If your going to spend your time trying to accomplish this, do it with a reliable Web Player.

Also it works on all Browsers, and has endless possibilities. Also OSAKit has a far better compression rate comparred to just zipping your game files as WebGame Builder does. I just don't want you to feel like you are wasting your time. WebGameBuilder is only intended for single phase games, like flash and java. one otherthing is that webGame Builder does not trully embed the eclipse engine as OSAKIT does.

Check em out at www.osakit.com.

I'm only telling you this from my years of experience as a programmer.

You should checkout my posts and successes with merging OSAKIT and the ECLIPSE ENGINE. Not sure if you have read them or not, but here are the links and there is a simple tutorial follow.

Post #1

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=37594.0

Post #2

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=37756.0

By the way, thanks DJMaxus for referrencing one of my posts. That lets me know someone out there is actually trying to help take this awesome Eclipse engine to the next level of online gaming.

also i still do not undersand what to do about adding those files into my web page do i have to use html (on notepad) to make my own site thing and then save the files to that and if i do how do i do that? and if not idk how to add files to my website (i used the website builder because it was faster then html)

Assuming your computer doesn't show file extensions:
Go to Control Panel
Appearance and Themes
Folder Options
Choose the View tab
uncheck hide extensions of unknown file types

Then, rename your "mygame.exe" to be "mygame.ply" like you would if you just wanted to rename a document to be something more fitting.

And as for uploading files, that depends on what hosting service you have. What hosting service do you have?