Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Maps Limit

Techno 5.0

> Yes but it also depends on your computer. There will be a difference if one persons is better then anothers.

yeah that is a factor too.  A problem I had was the people connecting were lagging.  I tried 20k ( I have a lot of free time lol) but it kept "Not Responding" so I quit it. I would stick to a top of 1000-5000 if you need to go that high.

It all depends on your computer. Remember that 30k maps takes a lot of computer space, even with nothing on them. My suggestion: if you're crazy enough to have that many maps, be crazy enough to fork out some money to have a separate server tower (second computer used only for running the server) and run some high speed internet through your house to prevent server lag. You won't need to buy anything for the server tower, because you can switch stuff like your mouse, keyboard and monitor between the two computers, but I would suggest having a second set so that you have quick and easy access to both computers.

Very true, which is why you'll need a reliable computer. Don't just buy any computer and say 'this is my new server' you need a computer that you can keep running for hours on end with little monitoring needed. This means you need to be careful what you buy, and where you buy it from.

Like they said in above posts, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to hours before your server loads all the maps again, so you don't want to have to shut it off very often (or at all XD )

@Gillord:

> you also might want to explain to players that if the server ever goes down it will take awhile to load back up.

LOL that is just great! haha.. I couldn't agree more. Oh man, imagine what the players would say or think if you told them the server takes so long to load.. I wonder if its possible to somehow speed the loading up? Perhaps 3.0 has a better loading process.

@Keebler:

> Alright i foung the rough limit. The map limit is bettween 32600 and 32700\. 32700 does not work. So you may be able to get to 32650 but i did not check.

This could have been done much easier, you could have just openen the source and checked as what type MAX_MAPS is defined. Then you would directly have the absolute maximum. Which is in this case:

Dim Ip as _Integer_ 'declares "Ip" as a numeric variable of 2 bytes whose values can range between **-32768 to 32767**