Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advanced Mapping Features

Skell

Just a few ideas that popped up in my head.

List:
- Hold Alt when mapping and the map will be filled with the chosen part on the chosen layer.
- Click and hold left mouse-button and drag marked tiles you want put into the map in one big drag.
- Hold Shift to be able to select diffirent places on the map that shall have the same tile on in the same layer.
- Right-click and a menu will pop up that includes: Save Map, Load Map and Reset map (I know you can reset maps easily with another button) You will be able to save the map that you just have done, right on your computer/harddisk and use it anytime in any eclipse game.

My Reviews.

1) Nice idea, but maybe just a full bucket tool - or both.

2) I'm not exactly sure what you mean… Like you click on tiles so they become marked then... Nope, I'm confused.

3) Why would you want the same tile on the same layer... Again, not sure what you mean...

4) Right click menu. Great idea! But instead of saving it so you can use it in any game maybe two formats. A .emf (Eclipse map Format) which you can edit, and and .map (which can't be edited, just put in games).

> - Click and hold left mouse-button and drag marked tiles you want put into the map in one big drag.
> [/qoute]
> It's already in Eclipse, it was i think hold shift then drag from top left to bottom right what you want to place. Might be that you dont need to use shift dont know for sure

@Skell:

> - Hold Alt when mapping and the map will be filled with the chosen part on the chosen layer.

Fill button

> - Click and hold left mouse-button and drag marked tiles you want put into the map in one big drag.

Shift-Click in the tile selector, you can drag and select multiple tiles

> - Hold Shift to be able to select diffirent places on the map that shall have the same tile on in the same layer.

So, like a copy tile feature (copies all layers and attributes)? That might be interesting

> - Right-click and a menu will pop up that includes: Save Map, Load Map and Reset map (I know you can reset maps easily with another button) You will be able to save the map that you just have done, right on your computer/harddisk and use it anytime in any eclipse game.

Right-click is used for clearing the layer/attribute from a given tile. Much more useful than a pop-up menu for buttons that are right on the map editor.

It is not needed, but it will make it easier to map and will make basic mapping alot faster, I have checked around the site and seen too many complains about how much time it takes to make a simple single map, so I just found out some ideas, and I can see that you guys also have ideas I didn't think about, now it is just about how to make them because I can't script at all :P

Also there isn't anything bad about this, maybe some will be asking how to use them and such, but that just increases the community traffics and makes the site better in all ways possible.

And the guys calling themself good mappers and doesn't like things that makes it faster to map needs to think about it again, you aren't a good mapper just because you waste a lot of time making a map without these features, but you are a good mapper when you create maps that are liked.