Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do i make NCPs talk and give quests?

Luner

How do i make NCPs talk and give quests? oh, and can i make it so that if u talk to a ncp, itll open a store? plz get back to me, becouse im realy confused…. plz... D= and ty for any1 who answers.  :sad:

I know you want it so that if you talk to the npc itll open a store right? (WELL if you didn't know you can setup items in the store, then go to edit map, hit the button in between layers and light, it will open a little tap with buttons click the one with 'store' next to it, choose the store, and then set on ground) i did that, but i made a building, made an npc set as a shopkeeper and then added the shop keeper to the building and set tables (counters) and set if you walk up to the counter it will open the store. hope that helped at all…....

lol thx. but i kinda knew that. but ty for trying to help. =P i want it to be like, you just talk to an ncp, by pressing like, space button when your next to it and itll be like : welcome to my store and itll open the stop. thats realy what im looking for… but thx anyway

I am also new to this and asked the same question two days ago. So here: Yo make a scripted NPC and then you paste this code:

Case # 'Replace # with next case
Call GoShopping(Index, 1) '1 is Shop nimber

in your main.txt under

Executes whenever a scripted NPC does an action.
Sub ScriptedNPC(Index, Script)
  Select Case Script

Remember to set your NPC to script 1 or whatever you set the case to be.

@Avantar:

> I am also new to this and asked the same question two days ago. So here: Yo make a scripted NPC and then you paste this code:
>
> Case # 'Replace # with next case
> Call GoShopping(Index, 1) '1 is Shop nimber
>
> in your main.txt under
>
> Executes whenever a scripted NPC does an action.
> Sub ScriptedNPC(Index, Script)
>    Select Case Script
>
> Remember to set your NPC to script 1 or whatever you set the case to be.

YOU DONT NEED TO SCRIPT IT
just go look in the tuts they will tell you

> i want it to be like, you just talk to an ncp, by pressing like, space button when your next to it and itll be like : welcome to my store and itll open the stop.

You can lay the shop attribute down on a tile before the NPC and give the NPC the Shopkeeper attribute. That much I have learned yesterday. Clicking a button to open the shop, I thought required scripting. :confused:

O, well as long as you have been helped, Lunar.

I still have much to learn :)

Well, if it is just one line you want the NPC to say, you can type it in the Speak box under the NPC editor(where all your NPC stats is) The text comes up at the bottom of your screen (very small - might not see it at first :))

If you want it to say more/or want it in a speach box or something - yea, it needs to be scripted