Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first map…

LaurenciaX

Good side: Loved the shadowing
love how the peices go so well together (EG: someone the other day had sand in the middle of the forest.)

Constructive critisism: i do think it is a bit plain and repetitive you can add some more things here and there

Overall: GREAT WORK!  :cheesy: this is a great map for your first time and dont worry you'll get better.

Shadowing isn't good, the bottom of the clock shouldn't be as big as the top when looking at the shadow, there is also the other shadows, but you probaly already can see that yourself. The shadowing also sometimes changes, I mean sometimes the light looks like it comes from the upper of the map while other places it looks like it is from the bottom of the map.

It looks too symmetric and you should try use diffirent objects, also try to change the floor alittle.

You should also try make stuff in the sides of the map to make it stick with the maps that is going to be near it.

@[Cube:

> Waffle link=topic=39962.msg389766#msg389766 date=1236345408]
> God skell it's his first map, you don't have to be so harsh, it was good for his first map…

No, I do not think it is good at all, why may I not tell what I think could be better? It isn't harsh, it is the real world, you have to learn that it won't help saying to an african "It is ok, you maked a lot of money today" even though he didn't earn enough money to survive, that will just end with him dying of hunger.

Tell the problem instead of lying.

@[Cube:

> Waffle link=topic=39962.msg389782#msg389782 date=1236347282]
> What ever….I know it's the real world.....Im just saying u coulda been nicer :P

Well, I did think of saying that everything else looked nice enough, but then I realized that I already told that everything doesn't look good :P

take some tables and benchs out of it and i think it would be fine after you fixed the shadows(which is cool that you even thought about those on your first map..i didn't) it seems too crowded with the all the benches, tables, and flowers.. but over all its a good theme great job