Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Mega Tut

Hello

Im sick of noobs asking silly questions so im going to make a guide on how to make a game with eclipse. I hope you enjoy

|NOTE | this is a WIP and will be finished over a week

Table of Contents

1 [The Basics](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=40099.msg391666#msg391666)
2 [Acquiring and Editing the basic files client/server](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=40099.msg391667#msg391667)

**The Basics of ORPG and RPG Creation**

So you want to make a game well its not all click click click looks at my crap tatic game. Well do that anc you will get flamed by the community here. What you need to day is slow down and think is this what i want to do and am i willing to put my time in to make a game that i will be happy at the end of the day with. Well if the answer to that is yes lets begin, now before you think of starting you game we need to learn the basics of well, everything. This is because when you can do all the basics the more advanced stuff will come rather quickly and making you game will be quite fun.

Now what is a RPG or a ORPG, well a RPG is a Rocket Propelled Grenades (if your a terrorist, but most of us arnt) but what were looking at is a Role Play Game, Role Play Games are focussed around your own character the you can create and play with you self. An ORPG is focussed around the same things but is played online with other people (ORPG = Online Role Play Game) so really your making a game about a player that someone will create. 

Before you think about anything else you need to think about some stuff that is really important, First what is your game going to be about? Is it going to be a Fantasy Game or a Sci Fi Game? This is very inportaint because you need to know what resourses that you are going to use and what your game name is going to be. So lets say you wanted a Fantasy Game and you wanted the name Kingdom's Knight's Online (Taken by me) well as it sounds its got somthing to do with Kingdom's and Knight's and its online so i think it is a good name but anything is a good name aslong as you like it. (provided that people also like the sound of it)

**Acquiring and Editing the basic files client/server**

Ok now its time to download Eclipse 2.7 (currantly the best Eclipse version yet), We will need the vb6.0 RT Files(Run Time)to make sure that we dont get any anoying errors(there really anoying so listen up)

Ok heres what were going to do.

Number 1 : Download Eclipse [here.](http://freemmorpgmaker.com/2.7/Eclipse-Evolution-2.7.zip)
Number 2 : Download the Eclipse Library Files [here.](http://freemmorpgmaker.com/LibraryFiles.zip)
Number 3 : Extract all the files in the zip archives into a folder on your computer MORE TOMMORW MODS DONT DELETE ANY POSTS I NEED EM

WTF is with the ultra spam Tipsta? Post counts don't matter.

You don't 'need' 8 posts. And it wasn't even to bump the thread, it was meaningless spam. Personally I find this tutorial useless. It has really bad jokes, is spread over two posts (it doesn't need to be) and people who want to make an RPG will usually know what one is!

Sorry if this sounded like a troll's words but this gets on my nerves.

Oh… Then I take it back...

Still, I don't think people need to know what an RPG is... *refer to my above post*

EDIT; Also do you really need it spread over so many posts...? Big Heading and colors split up a tutorial quite nicely....