Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In-Game Shade of Night.

Tameric

Hello,

I was wondering how the shades of night work in Eclipse? I have tried changing it a few times but it always seems to bright or too dark, Never in-between like it should be. I am trying to get it to be this, or more like a tad bit brighter than this: ![](http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/Nemuro_Shin/untitled123456.png)

If anyone could show me what shade would make it like that, that would be great. The original shade was too Blue tinted, and a little bit too dark.

And as a side question, would it take a lot of scripting to make more than 1 Day and 1 Night frames? I'd like it to be real-time, and have about 5 shades before it's fully night, and 5 shades before it's fully day or somewhat like that.

Anyways, any help is appreciated. Thanks~  ;)

Yes, I've tried that. It seems as though the Developers programmed the Night/Day strangely. It makes everything else look screwed up with certain shades. I've tried about 70 different colors in total, of Grey, Blue, Green, and Purple. All of which were the right shades that should have come close to the Screenshot I showed. And they didn't, the brighter tiles were the only ones that didn't do the screwed up looking graphics thing. But those look more of a Day shade, than a Night.

RPG Maker XP had the perfect transition for all of them with its Screen Tint command. I think Developers should make the programming of some features on Eclipse more like it is in RPG Maker XP.

As for the Night-time being "stupid", I use the Night to add more realism to the game, as most everything in my game I try to make as realistic as possible. Besides, it wouldn't be any fun doing Thievery/Assassination missions when it's Day out, would it?  :P

That's what I've been doing, Refuge. My Tiles10 is about 6 times bigger than what you attached, full of 32x32 different colored tiles of shading that I've tested. =P

Anyhow, you guys know when 3.0 will be released around? I didn't know that was being updated.

@Tameric:

> That's what I've been doing, Refuge. My Tiles10 is about 6 times bigger than what you attached, full of 32x32 different colored tiles of shading that I've tested. =P
>
> Anyhow, you guys know when 3.0 will be released around? I didn't know that was being updated.

We don't have a set date for it (it puts too much pressure on the devs), but you can read on the progress here:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?board=206.0

I think what you'd be better with, is a dynamic fog system, which 3.0 will have built-in