Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Router Web interface *Static IP help*

Kirby Lord

A  WPN824, and on the site with the numbers, I tried the password admin, and password, which are default passwords, I just need to know my Router's Name Servers. That's all! Where do i find them? I tried run>CMD>ipconfig, but it doesn't show the true, and I don't want to call my IPS.

"tep 4:
I want you to write down some of the information in this window. Take down the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and Name Servers. Make sure to note which is which. We are going to use this information a little bit later.

The name server entries are a bit complicated. Name Server is just another name for DNS(domain name server) server. Some router's act as a proxy between the actual name servers and your computer. You will know when this is the case, because the Default Gateway will list the same ip address as the Name Servers entry. We need to have the correct Name Server IP addresses. If we do not, you will not be able to browse the web. There are a couple ways to get these. The first way is to log into your router's web interface, and look at your router's status page. On that page you should see an entry for DNS Servers, or Name Servers. Write down the ip adresses of your Name Servers. Another way to get the correct Name Servers to use, is to give your ISP a call. They should know the ip addresses of your Name Servers right off. If they ask you why you need them, you can tell them you are trying to setup a static IP address on your computer. If they try to sell you a static external ip address, don't buy it. That's an entirely different thing that what you are trying to setup."
From portforward.com, i need to set up a static IP address.

You would have to reset the whole router, although considering you don't seem to know what you're doing, I would recommend not messing around with it.

If you still want to try it, then your router should have a small reset button somewhere (like a physical reset button). It might be hidden, and its usually really small, so that you need something sharp to press it.

Note that if you do this, you will be required to set it up again, because your interned won't work at first.

Its not really that hard to set it up again, the only problem is if you run into a problem, then you don't have access to the internet anymore to find a fix.

You could use Hamachi. For a full game release, Hamachi = fail, but if you're just starting out, it will work fine. You can always figure out your password later, and then portforward properly,