Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

.Mkv to .Mp4

Reguba

I'm having a bit of an issue that I'm sure some else here has had… I am trying to convert .mkv video files into .mp4 files to play on my psp. I have been able to convert the video easy enough but the subtitles are no longer there after conversion. I surfed around for about an hour on Google and found bits and pieces of things as to how to keep the subs, but from what I saw the only way I'm going to be able to do this is by paying for something...

Long story short, if someone can help me with this issue (without me having to pay) I would greatly appreciate it :)

As for right now I'm off to bed so I will be on tomorrow afternoon to see if anyone was able to help. Thanks in advance!

See, that's the problem Bob… I have found various converters but they do not support subtitle encoding thus leaves me out of luck. The only converts that I have seen work cost about 30 bucks, if I don't have to spend that 30 bucks I wont.

~~~~~~Edit: I might have found a solution to my problem. I'm another converter that already is showing signs of working… It actually identified the subs.~~~~~~

Edit 2: Scratch that, I got the video to convert into mp4 format with subs intact but now the psp does not recognize the mp4…

Well, I figured it all out. Weaseled my way out of having to pay by using multiple converters… One that took the .mkv and burnt the subtitles to the video instead of leaving them in the container file. Then used another converter built for the psp to convert the goofy mp4 I got out of the first converter and converted the file one last time into a psp compatible format...

Well then, this thread was sort of silly, I used it to think to myself Haha! Oh well, if anyone else wants to know how to get matroska (.mkv) files to turn into .mp4 files and work on your psp with everything (video, audio, subs) intact feel free to ask.