Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Garden Online Custom Questing System

MikeLeeSon

A couple of colleagues and I are working towards developing an MMORPG that centers on writing education. I'm looking to get a quote from someone on how much it would cost to develop a questing system that allows a player to go on quest, and then be prompted by the quest giver (upon completion of the quest) to write a short answer or essay (or possibly fill-in-the-blank/multiple choice at the lower levels). I'm envisioning a simple pop-up windows for the student to write in, and upon completion, submit the essay to the npc and receive a low amount of set experience points. I would also need an admin panel (or addition to the current admin panel) that allows the teacher to log in and see the student's completed work. Once the student submits the essay (or other work), the teacher would then need the ability to award a custom amount of experience points to the player based on how well they did on the essay. I would need a bit more than this, but this is the general synopsis.

Feel free to contact me or comment below to get more information. I'm looking to discuss a price that works for both of us, and once we hit the green light, we'll go from there.

I'm running eclipse origins 2.0, and once we get this prototype running and tested, we'll then be moving to a 3d model. As far as that goes, I would prefer someone efficient in c++ (or comparable) so that we can work together on mark2 as well.

Here's our website: www.TheGardenOnline.net

Oh, not eclipse 3d. I haven't decided a 3d engine yet, since that's not going to happen for a while, but I'm thinking Unity at this point for the 3d engine. Like I said, though, I'm not too worried about that part yet.

I'm not too familiar with the medics for programming something like this, but I was thinking that a students work could be saved to the NPC, and then the teacher, who has admin rights, could go to the NPC and look at all essays saved to that particular NPC. Then the teacher could go back to the NPC the next day, and get an addition amount of Dp based on what the teacher awarded for the essay. If the grade is bad, the teacher could also reset the quest.

Thanks for the comment.

Well theres a few ways you could try to do this:

Like i said before the event system. what you could do is make choices.. and if they answer them right put a player switch and if they get it like you want put a reward in… and if they answer it wrong make it to start over... Its quite simple if you want to switch to 3.0

As for 2.0 (your current version) the best way to do this would be to (first off code in the quest system alatars prob the best) then make the quest so that when they complete it correctly they get rewarded..

I had considered this to begin with, but because the students are writing sentences, paragraphs, n essays above level 10, I would need a teacher to go in and grade their work. Otherwise, I'd have to set keywords for the game to look for, and that doesn't really assess writing. My school is using a program currently that does that, and it gives students good grades for writing n essay that consists of only a few words…

It's just not very effective . That's why I'm looking for someone to program something so specific.