Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NPC Question

lahdeedah2

Hi, before anyything, let me be the very first one here to welcome you to the Eclipse  :azn:

It's always great to see new members on here asking questions and using the engine  XD

That being said, the solution is very simple.  After you're in the map Editor, hit "Map Properties", and click the "NPC" tab; you should find the solution you're looking for.

If you have any other questions, please let us know, we would be more than happy to help.

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> Hi, before anyything, let me be the very first one here to welcome you to the Eclipse  :azn:
>
> It's always great to see new members on here asking questions and using the engine  XD
>
> That being said, the solution is very simple.  After you're in the map Editor, hit "Map Properties", and click the "NPC" tab; you should find the solution you're looking for.
>
> If you have any other questions, please let us know, we would be more than happy to help.

Thank you for the welcome & the help :D

Edit:

They will not show up for me =/. I put the coordinates, but they don't spawn there.

I think the shopkeepers are bugged, but you can use a Scripted NPC.

Use the command:
Call goshopping(index, ShopNum)
Replace "ShopNum" with the number of the shop (if the shop is number "2", replace it with "2").
To learn how to install scripts, you can use [this tutorial](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10036.0).

Of course, you can also use a "Shop" attribute on the Map Editor, so when a player steps on that attribute, it can open the shop.

@lahdeedah2:

> Dang. So I got script them?

You only have to do it for the NPC.

It's not that hard, it's just 1 command.
Just go to your Scripted NPC sub (here it is):
**' Executes whenever a scripted NPC does an action.
Sub ScriptedNPC(Index, Script)
Select Case Script
Case 0
Call PlayerMsg(Index, "This scripted NPC has no apparent use.", WHITE)
Exit Sub

Case Else
Call PlayerMsg(Index, "No NPC script found. Please contact an admin to solve this problem.", WHITE)
Exit Sub
End Select
End Sub**

And make Case 0:
**Case 0
Call goshopping(index, ShopNum)
Exit Sub**
Then in your NPC editor, set the type to "Scripted", and choose Script 0; it's that easy

PS: Remember to change "ShopNum" to whatever number the shop is

@lahdeedah2:

> Thank for the help. I appreciate it :D. Is there a way I can change the amount of stat points you get everytime you level?

Yep, that's an easy one.
Go into your Main.txt, and find this part:
Sub PlayerLevelUp(Index)

You'll see a command that says:
Call SetPlayerPOINTS(Index, GetPlayerPOINTS(Index) + 1)
Change the + 1 to a + 2 to get 2 stat points, or change it to whatever number you want

@lahdeedah2:

> Okay. It works for regular players, but not the owner, me. I still get 1 point every level. The regular players get 5 points a level. Is it because I use the mass level thing?

That might be the reason, not entirely sure; try leveling up normally and see if you get extra points.