Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you make awesome objects with GIMP

Saberking13

lol, yeah, its discouraging at first when your starting out with making gfx, but now Ive been doing it for maybe, 7 years? yeah, i could be better, but im lazy. but, it will take time to get as good as others, but dont be discouraged, for some great helpa nd some tuts whilst using Photoshop, go to "utralenergy.com"

@Chief:

> lol, yeah, its discouraging at first when your starting out with making gfx, but now Ive been doing it for maybe, 7 years? yeah, i could be better, but im lazy. but, it will take time to get as good as others, but dont be discouraged, for some great helpa nd some tuts whilst using Photoshop, go to "utralenergy.com"

Ok :uuu:

• 2 weeks later...
@Xavi:

> Don't use gimp for this purpose. Use Paint.NET, it has as many or more features as GIMP, and is good for pixel art.

I dissagree with the passion of 100000 burning suns. Trust me, ive used them all. Paint.Net teaches laziness and the extensive use of filters to make graphics. Gimp is the most like photoshop and such. paint.net is nowhere as good in comparison. k? and, im saying this from experience. I ahve used them all and was un-biased at the time.

Microsoft Paint and Graphic Gale for pure pixel art ^_^ For tutorial, just google for any pixel art tutorial, almost all use the same tool. Enjoy~
1) [Derek Yu's pixel art tutorial](http://www.derekyu.com/?page_id=218)
2) [Google](http://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&q=pixel+art+tutorial&btnG=Search&meta=)

@[BS:

> Chief link=topic=42158.msg432705#msg432705 date=1240442342]
> I dissagree with the passion of 100000 burning suns. Trust me, ive used them all. Paint.Net teaches laziness and the extensive use of filters to make graphics. Gimp is the most like photoshop and such. paint.net is nowhere as good in comparison. k? and, im saying this from experience. I ahve used them all and was un-biased at the time.

You don't have to use the filters. Why is GIMP better? I'm open to your opinion, just tell me why yours is true.