Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Spawning??? help please =(

twenty5

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> You can edit that black map to whatever map you want it to be in.
>
> But to edit the spawn point, you edit it in the Class.ini files (edit with notepad) in the Server\Classes\ folder.

Does that mean that every time they load the game they'll go there, or if they die they go there?  And can you make it so that when you first spawn in the game, everyone goes to one place (tutorial island), and then after they leave there, the spawn point is changed to separate towns?  I hope I'm clear.

@Antidote:

> Does that mean that every time they load the game they'll go there, or if they die they go there?  And can you make it so that when you first spawn in the game, everyone goes to one place (tutorial island), and then after they leave there, the spawn point is changed to separate towns?  I hope I'm clear.

What it does, is when you first spawn in the game (after making your account), you will spawn wherever that class's start position is.
When you die, regardless of class, you will spawn in the place the map has set for you to spawn.

You could script it to tell the server where you re-spawn you, according to your class; it would just be some If-Then statements (or even a Switch).

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> What it does, is when you first spawn in the game (after making your account), you will spawn wherever that class's start position is.
> When you die, regardless of class, you will spawn in the place the map has set for you to spawn.
>
> You could script it to tell the server where you re-spawn you, according to your class; it would just be some If-Then statements (or even a Switch).

OK, so the idea of a Tutorial Island where everyone goes isn't that great of an idea?  I mean, I guess you could make a class change when you leave, but that'd be too complicated with starting classes and stuff for me…

You could probably make two tutorial islands that then feed into the respective towns for the classes, but.... no, that would work, wouldn't it?  Just make warps to the specific towns after leaving the tutorial island?

@Antidote:

> OK, so the idea of a Tutorial Island where everyone goes isn't that great of an idea?  I mean, I guess you could make a class change when you leave, but that'd be too complicated with starting classes and stuff for me…
>
> You could probably make two tutorial islands that then feed into the respective towns for the classes, but.... no, that would work, wouldn't it?  Just make warps to the specific towns after leaving the tutorial island?

think "scripting, scripting is the key to any game"

@Antidote:

> OK, so the idea of a Tutorial Island where everyone goes isn't that great of an idea?  I mean, I guess you could make a class change when you leave, but that'd be too complicated with starting classes and stuff for me…
>
> You could probably make two tutorial islands that then feed into the respective towns for the classes, but.... no, that would work, wouldn't it?  Just make warps to the specific towns after leaving the tutorial island?

Just edit the class.ini for all the classes, and make them all spawn at the same place (Tutorial Island)