Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2d or iso?

Smallbro

(Question inspired by admiral refuge)
So which one should i use for my game iso or 2d i understand iso is very hard vb and stuff but if someone could help me with that id be fine. So the game is based in Medieval Times which would be better iso or 2d?

• 1 month later...
Yeah, 3.0 comes complete with a 2d Isometric rendering tool but, it only works on floor tiles from what I hear.

So, you'd still have to make objects, sprites and/or buildings Isometric yourself.

All in all both are good, 2d is easy, easy to pixel, easy to map, altogether easy…
Isometric adds an extra challenge, putting another Axis on your art, making designing and mapping a little more challenging.

Personally I prefer the effects Isometric has on a game but, I'm not slagging down 2d, 2d is good too.

From the screenies the HM posted (and from what was previously mentioned) the iso format isn't "complete" as in its not all rendered in iso.  Also having an iso game would require a different variation of tiles and sprites as well as possible diagonal movement support.
basically iso=a lot of work
2d=win

@symphonia117:

> From the screenies the HM posted (and from what was previously mentioned) the iso format isn't "complete" as in its not all rendered in iso.  Also having an iso game would require a different variation of tiles and sprites as well as possible diagonal movement support.
> basically iso=a lot of work
> 2d=win

Fake Iso, yeah. And I did just say it only renders floor tiles.
Oh, and FYI: Solar Eclipse has 8 Directional Movement now.
Iso = Rewarding.

• 1 month later...