Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Full on RolePlay Based Game?

Blaze200628

So, for a while now I've been throwing out this idea of forming a game based solely on Roleplaying. I have a lot of friends who love Roleplaying, and most of them have tried, played, and still play 2D MMORPGs. We all agreed that when it comes to them, no one ever REALLY RP'd anymore.

So, here's the idea:

I was wanting to know if it would be a good idea or not to atleast attempt a real-time world where Admins could shape the world as the players RP's envoy to it.

An example of such is:
RP'ers one and two re having a conversation regarding their next moves, as if they were lost. When, suddenly, a man (An Admin or a fellow RPer) appears and gives them a key, and explains the directions to the next point on the game. This would result in a game with more purpose then leveling.

This game I'm wanting to make will serve the purpose of leveling, like some like to do. Social players, through the RP. And an actual MMORPG.

I'm just wondering really if I should try, or even attempt this. I already have a few friends who I've discussed this with, and they generally like the idea.

____

I'm very familiar with the Eclipse Engine, as I've made many games before, and usually got worn out because staff would quit on me.
I've had a decently mapped and paper dolled MMORPG with 25+ players. I know that's not a very big achievement, but for me it kinda is. Haha.

Though, I'd like your input on the idea.
And if further explanation is necessary, please ask.

You seem like a full grown rp-er.. nice ;0

Anyway, this looks good so far and I think it would be a great idea but why not hammer out some coded npcs that act randomly and more "human"-like..

And you should visit the roleplay section of the forum games and send me a PM, I need an assistant for the next RP

Haha, yeah. Been doing it for a while now, and all of my friends tend to get into it a lot.

I was also thinking about that. Like a innovating Baron's Quest Script into a Roleplaying system.

I'm kind of going for something no one else has done, lol.

And sure, I'll do that in a bit.

• 2 months later...
I would love to see this! As a fellow rper I can't get enough of it on my free time and I have to at ingame role playing is much better than forum role playing. (huge reason I play runescape is I'm part of the biggest ingame role playing group) do go for it and if you don't mind sending me a pm il help test if you new help and I want a pm to know when I can play this! Sorry for bad grammage if any I'm typing on an ipod touch :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am a big fan of roleplaying I did runescape once got bored of that.(did just about all the quests: P.) so pm me for mapping or test.

I be watching you for your game.