Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The best way of going about this…

Hippoman789

ok so im going to be making Tomtopia a real thing eventually… so wats the best way of going about this?

1\. Buy up a plot of land, build a wall, make a sign saying Tomtopia and make it my own little town, until eventually it becomes a town.

2\. Buy up alot of land, get many people, make Tomtopia a region.

3\. find an island, make it Tomtopia, make country.

4\. convince others to break away from a country, and make our own.

5\. give me ideas.

I think it would be easier if you became president, from there either declare war to a country, conquer it, and call that portion of land Tomtopia; or you manage to change the name of a state to Tomtopia, and eventually make it independent from the rest of the country, or with the money you get you buy a relatively big island and name it like that…
xDDD

That is still not very easy though, and it may have consequences =P

You could also make an island, I in fact live near a man made one (Rokko Island if you want to google it), it is not hard, make a pile of wastes in the sea, then cement it and build stuff on it xD.

well actually…

while flying in the plane i planned this.

step 1\. buy a farm.
2\. build a small house, farm and live with others.
3\. buy another farm. get more Tomtopians.
4\. buy more farms, get more Tomtopians.
5\. buy more and more until i own about half of iowa. although the farms when bought are still run by the original owners.
6\. eventually buy all of iowa. everyone in it is a Tomtopian.
7\. become governer of iowa, aka Tomtopia.
8\. change the name by popular vote.
9\. declare independence from america.
10\. make some powerful allies that will help me incase america tries to fuck me over.

That works up until step 9\. The last time states tried that it was the bloodiest war the world had seen until the 20th Century.

Also, you can't just "buy a farm" and expect to control a state. Especially in the agricultural belt of the United States, a majority of farm land is owned or controlled by large conglomerates, and you're not competing with them.

Antarctica I believe can never be politically claimed.

What is the point of all of this? Do you just want to be left alone? Then go buy some land in the mountains and set up a compound, and self-sustain farm up there. Don't collect too much "illegal" items or do funky things to get the federales' attention and you'll be left alone.