Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friend's List

The Oracle

-Online friends will have their names in green. Offline friends will have their names in red. I was working on this, and I didn't get it to work properly. I plan to continue working on it when I have more time, though, since this is a pretty critical part of any friends list.

wouldnt you beable to do like findplayer() ? if i remember correctly it checks to see if the player is online. Also wouldnt it be easier to add it into the existing ini file for the players account so they have their own unique friend list?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kenny:

> wouldnt you beable to do like findplayer() ? if i remember correctly it checks to see if the player is online.

I'm not sure if the **FindPlayer** command works on the Client side, but I'll look into it.

@kenny:

> Also wouldnt it be easier to add it into the existing ini file for the players account so they have their own unique friend list?

Wouldn't it be easier to add what? Each player can have their own unique friend list.

@kenny:

> well more of what i mean for the 2nd part is it might be a shared friendlist if you use their account(getplayerlogin() not getplayername()) if they have more than 1 character, but good luck with this in getting it how you want it.

I already got it how I want it. Each character has their own friends list. If you want the account as a whole to have the same friends list, then replace all **GetPlayerName(Index)** statements with **GetPlayerLogin(Index)** statements.

make a timer with like a 10000 interval with the online offline code

-edit-
i have something to keep you busy. – status. there's a combobox (style , dropdown) and you set your status. i.e. Busy, afk, online, etc. It would also be easier with the online/offline becuase you would make your own function and use that in place of the online/offline codes

I don't think I'm going to do that, sorry. I have other things to take care of.

EDIT: Fixed the online/offline bug, thanks to GodLord.

EDIT #2: Also fixed the online/offline recognition, thanks to Robin. There was a small problem with it.

EDIT #3: Rewrote the entire code. See the first post on this page for it.

• 2 years later...