Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server offline

coolguy007

when i go to status checker it shows my server offline even though i checked my IP through various websites and my port also i entered correctly but then also it shows offline….i gave my client to my friend and he couldnt connect and when i gave him my server also and started my client i could connect.....may i know what can be the cause of this ??
Thanks

you most likely need to port forward.
if you want i can help you or i'm sure that there are some tutorials.  also check marsh's post about port forwarding in the questions board.

if you want my help, i use crossloop to connect to your computer and show u how and what to do.  click the link in my sig for that.  otherwise find a tut.

or use my simplified and probably useless version here:
enter your router's gateway/ip adress or watever into your browser
login
go to gaming/advanced settings
go to port forwarding
forward ports 4000/4001 for UDP and TCP for ur comp's DHCP ip address (since ur prolly using that… even if u dont know it)
save settings.
tada...magic.

~symph

[click me](http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/NokiaSiemens/C2110/Utorrent.htm)

that uses utorrent as an example.

default login is admin and pass is admin.

EDIT: your welcome.  its good to learn routers and modems, especially if your running a server.  some allow you to prioritize certain programs.

I searched it throughout the net and it seems that everyone in my country who has connection from my ISP is provided with this router and all got the same problem…hehe
i had to first disconnect my router from internet and then access the advanced menu to do so....my server is online now....Thanks to all for helping me...
am new to eclipse and would be very thankful to all who helped me in developing my game, i currently have 1.5 maps(1 is in progress!!), and 8 classess a few NPCs, items and elements...
i have uploaded the client, i have plenty of sprites....can anyone register in my game and tell me what good i can do and what problems are there??
Thanks !!