Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Gas Bill

Hippoman789

Hello All,

Answer the question.

A man puts in his credit card to pay. then he starts to pump gas. every second the gas goes up by 1.6 dollars on the screen. but he left his card in! So every 1.3 seconds the number on the screen is added to the bill. what will be the total bill after 1 minute?

P.S. lets all give some silence for the poor poor man.

$94.40?

I don't really understand what's going on here. From what I gathered, the true cost is increasing every second by $1.60, correct, but updates every 1.3 seconds. Hence, the last cost update will be at 59.8 seconds, at which time the cost would be $1.60 * 59 seconds, or $94.40.

heh ^ good idea.

Not Homework: Two men sitting in a well. The well is 3m high. They can each climb up 30cm every day. but slide down 10cm every night. How many **days** does it take them to get up? The men are 1.6m tall.

Tehe. I used **tags. T'was a hint!**

@мсичġġεт:

> heh ^ good idea.
>
> Not Homework: Two men sitting in a well. They can each climb up 30cm every day. but slide down 10cm every night. How many **days** does it take them to get up?
>
> Tehe. I used **tags. T'was a hint!
>
> I know that one, when they reach the final whatever they dont slip so instead of a +20 they go +30**