Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lil mail help would be nice ! =)

bluedude

@bluedude:

> ok i fixed it ( i think ) but now you need to install for me ( so i dont mess anything up)

:O Where did you get this Main.txt? It's missing ENTIRE subs!

Well, I'm assuming you've tested all the scripts you've installed so far, but I saw things calling custom menus, and this main.txt doesn't even have the custom menu sub (if it does, I couldn't find it for anything!).

Okay, what I did, was install the mail system to the default main that comes with Eclipse.

Problem: I'm still getting that damn runtime error.

Bobosk, could you take a look over this main, any ideas as to what I've done wrong?

From what i could tell, it wasn't you doing something wrong, it was the original script's creator.. see this code here:```
Sub Mailbox(index)                                     
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Call CustomMenuShow(index, "Mailbox", "\GUI\CUSTOM\Mail.gif", 1)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 0, "Mailbox", 0, 50, 10, 0, 2, 300, 20)

'Move the Composition items to make way for the Mailbox items

Call CustomMenuTextBox(index, 1, 250, 1025, 70, "Type message here. Click OK to preview.")
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 8, "Preview your message here by typing it in the above text box and clicking the OK button next to it. Once finished, type in the name of the player you wish to recieve this message in the below text box. ONCE YOU CLICK THE OK BUTTON NEXT TO THE TEXT BOX BELOW, whatevan YOU HAVE IN THE PREVIEW WINDOW WILL BE SENT. YOU MUST PREVIEW YOUR MESSAGE BEFORE SENDING IT!", 1025, 100, 10, 0, 0, 250, 225)
Call CustomMenuTextBox(index, 2, 250, 1025, 280, "Type recipient name here. Click OK to send.")

'Move the Reading items yo make room for the Mailbox items

Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 9, "Delete", 1000, 70, 10, 0, 2, 300, 20)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 10, "Reply", 1000, 280, 10, 0, 2, 300, 20)

Dim intCount
intCount = 1
Do While intCount <= 6
  If GetVar("\Mail\" & GetPlayerName(index) & ".ini", "Mail" & intCount, "Used") = 0 Then
      Call CustomMenuPicture(index, intCount, "\GUI\CUSTOM\itembg.JPG", 25, (intCount * 40) + 30)
      Call CustomMenuLabel(index, intCount, "No Mail Here...", 75, (intCount * 40) + 30, 10, 0, 0, 200, 36)
  Else
      If GetVar("\Mail\" & GetPlayerName(index) & ".ini", "Mail" & intCount, "Read") = 0 Then
        Call CustomMenuPicture(index, intCount, "\GUI\CUSTOM\scrollItem.jpg", 25, (intCount * 40) + 30)
        Call CustomMenuLabel(index, intCount, "NEW MAIL FROM: " & GetVar("\Mail\" & GetPlayerName(index) & ".ini", "Mail" & intCount, "From"), 75, (intCount * 40) + 30, 10, 0, 0, 175, 36)
      Else
        Call CustomMenuPicture(index, intCount, "\GUI\CUSTOM\scrollItem.jpg", 25, (intCount * 40) + 30)
        Call CustomMenuLabel(index, intCount, "Old mail from: " & GetVar("\Mail\" & GetPlayerName(index) & ".ini", "Mail" & intCount, "From"), 75, (intCount * 40) + 30, 10, 0, 0, 175, 36)
      End If
  End If
  intCount = intCount + 1
Loop

Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 7, "Compose A Message", 0, 310, 10, 0, 2, 300, 20)

End Sub
```The labels are being called in the wrong order…(the loop is calling 1-6 AFTER 7 is made; a big NO-NO in custom menu workings)
this is what i fixed, in my testings, i can't test it further, because i don't have the textbox fix in my source, and can't really do it atm... have fun with the rest of it ^^'