Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lil mail help would be nice ! =)

bluedude

i have installed this CORRECTLY http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,18583.0.html
And i made a source fix fixing the custom menus but then i get a error on server one is like If_clicked blah i dont remember and other one is Menuscripts error and another one is getplayersex error is there any thing else i am supposed to add to my main?

i really cant say exactly the error

Lol.. it's really quite an easy fix.. and i'm surprised i didn't recognize the error message earlier
You get those errors, when you skip "indexes" in custom menu labeling/picture/textboxes.. see the thing is, each of these has their own seperate index(like how npc/player indexes are completely seperate).
so when you call a multi-command custom menu like this:
```
Call CustomMenuShow(index, "Example", "Example.gif", 1)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 1, "Example1", 60, 30, 15, 0, 0, 400, 40)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 2, "Example2", 315, 30, 15, 0, 0, 400, 40)
```you have to call the indexes in that specific order, you **can't** call them like this:
```
Call CustomMenuShow(index, "Example", "Example.gif", 1)
Call CustomMenuLabel(Index, 2, "Example2", 50, 30, 15, 0, 0, 400, 40)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 3, "Example3", 60, 30, 15, 0, 0, 400, 40)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 1, "Example1", 315, 30, 15, 0, 0, 400, 40)
```
And paying MUCH closer attention to ilnair's script now, i can see he does some of later code box, which will cause errors, such as 340 "1" does not exist and such..

@bluedude:

> Sigh =( no one will help and my post keeps getting pushed back by pasketi and hes gettting more help in 5 minutes  then i have in 20 hours

It doesn't matter if it's getting pushed back; if there were two pages of new questions in this board, the people that answer questions here would read all two pages, and respond accordingly.

And if I merge all the questions you've been asking on this same subject, you have quite afew replies.

Besides, I always start from the bottom when answering questions (so I check the older topics first, so if your post is lower, I get to you before the posts that are higher up), I think afew people do that.

Though, almost everyone here is very busy with real life and helping other users; trying to fiddle with a main.txt is usually too much to work; you should be working at it your self.

If you don't understand what bobosk said, I could explain it better, though, I checked your Custom Menu sub and everything, but I don't even see the mail script in the new one (which means you want someone to install and re-work the script from scratch) :icon_crap:

i get exactly this
```
TYPE: Type mismatch: '[String ""']'
LINE: 2
COLMN:0
CODE:

```two times

And same thing when you open your mail i dont get error 340 any more but when i binded```
Call Mailbox(index)
```to hotscript 2 ( del) it opens and gives me that error like the top

@Bobosk:

> Admiral, his main.txt is completely shot… he's better off just getting a default, and completely restarting his scripting experience..

I'm beginning to notice this.
I've actually spent the past half 20 mins going though the main, trying to put parts in the correct places, trying to put things outside subs into subs, that sort of thing :icon_crap:

It also looks like, rather than following the instructions for most things, he just "pasted" codes at the bottom of the main – codes that aren't in their proper subs.

@Bobosk:

> not to mention all the extra end subs? >.<

Yea, I've mentioned them in Reply15.

Though, yes, I agree with you.

Blue, I'd recommend getting a list of the scripts you have in that main (you should have one already, to keep record of who to give credit to, for the scripts; I saw one of mine in there ;)), and start adding them into the default main (or, alternatively, you can use the one that only has "#includes" {found in the Script Database}, since it's abit more organized for you), but make sure you test each one after adding it.

Of course, I saw afew different quest scripts in there too, I suggest if you're not going to use a certain script (or even more, if you want to add another script that does the same thing, instead) you remove it from your main.