Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Screen glitch on Mapmaking

Dannyel

Hi,

I have just started using EO,

and I noticed when I try opening up the map editor, the screen of the main game and the tile sprites fused together, making it very difficult to edit maps.. not to mention the burn in the eye.

I was wondering if there is another method of editing the map that I could use?

>! ![](http://oi40.tinypic.com/2nlb6oj.jpg)

You cannot see it in the screenshot, but the image is mixing with the bottom left corner of the main game. (it flashes, so perhaps that's why the screenshot did not capture it)

and I am using virtualbox for Windows 7

Edit: Shoot, I just realized I put this in the wrong Q.A section…

I moved this to the correct section ;)

Anyways I am honestly not 100% sure of what is going on so it is hard to tell. The virtualbox immediately makes me think it is a virtual graphic card or driver issue on their end as I have never seen what you are explaining happen before. Are there other virtual pc applications that you could load the same virtual hard disk on and see if it works? That would be my only guess without the same setup and several hours to just play with the code to see what changes what.

> I moved this to the correct section ;)
>
> Anyways I am honestly not 100% sure of what is going on so it is hard to tell. The virtualbox immediately makes me think it is a virtual graphic card or driver issue on their end as I have never seen what you are explaining happen before. Are there other virtual pc applications that you could load the same virtual hard disk on and see if it works? That would be my only guess without the same setup and several hours to just play with the code to see what changes what.

yes, I am pretty sure it is a virtual graphics card(most likely mixed with the mac virtual disk)

I think the only way that I would be able to map anything, is if I am not logged into the game server.

I guess I will have to wait for the Eclipse V,  it seems like they have a map editor, without having to log in the game