Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kittens MMO

Mr. Bob Firefarter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a lot of good ideas from everyone =D. I've almost got the sprite completed, we just need tiles. I'm not quit sure if we should just use brighter more cheery Squiddle Online tiles? 100% custom made, at least…
I just know we should do custom, or else [This](http://img3.imageshack.us/i/horriblekittentilemix.png/)
will happen! Dun dun, dunnnnnn! *Points at the horrible mix with kittens and tiles, nevermind the mapping!*

Lols Tipsta, you're realling turning that into a cliche ;).
I was thinking; maybe you start out as a kitten, and then grow into a cat by completing quests and such? Maybe when you become a cat, then you can try to grow into a cat warrior, then maybe a cat leader, then a cat legend, and then an overgrown cat?

Yes, in a way I suppose (I love that series ^.^). I just had an idea: Four different kitten elements! Like there's Milk, Tuna, Scratch, and Mew! In that list the element is strong against the element to it's right, while weak to it's left. In mew's case, it is strong against milk.

Yeah, I like that =D.

Sprites, everyone!

[![](http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5165/spriteso.png)](http://img33.imageshack.us/i/spriteso.png/)

The first is a femal brown kitten, the second is a male borwn kitten, the third is a kit mouse (An enemy), and the fourth is Tyson, an Orange tabby NPC.

Squiddle we can use the same sprite outline for each breed of kitten but we should try to get the colors looking diffrent and somewhat like what the average cat of that breed looks like

sound good?

By the way I tnhink we should use achievments in this game with one being:

Successfully add an ultra-rare breed cat to your team-100 pts.

-Successfully add one ultra-rare kitten to your team-100 pts.
-Spend more than 10000$ at the petstore-25 pts.
-Keep the original 4 tomcats in your team for more than an entire day of playing-30 pts.
-Collect more than 100 toys-30 pts.
-Have one very common, common, uncommon, rare, and very rare kitten in your team-65 pts.

Any oher ideas?

@[SB:

> [Squi] Squiddle link=topic=47295.msg483842#msg483842 date=1246397353]
> Lols, maybe LOLcat can be an admin class =p. Thanks for the ideas, you two =). And yeah Bob, I'm even the one who created Eclipse's first public released that we know of Achievement system, so it'll be pretty easy.

Fixed =P

@[SB:

> [Squi] Squiddle link=topic=47295.msg483508#msg483508 date=1246366768]
> Lols Tipsta, you're realling turning that into a cliche ;).
> I was thinking; maybe you start out as a kitten, and then grow into a cat by completing quests and such? Maybe when you become a cat, then you can try to grow into a cat warrior, then maybe a cat leader, then a cat legend, and then an overgrown cat?

HEY no robbing Such Is Life's MAIN IDEA!!!! xD
@Mr.:

> We should have a topic each for:
>
> -Items
> -Achievements
> -Cat Breeds
> -Dog Breeds
> -Features
> -Storyline
> -Spells
> -Minigames
>
> K?(in the WIP board, of couse)

Also:
Development,
Ideas,
Website and its progress (e.g KO-Website Progress)
And To-Do list.
For the rest of my ideas, im gonna edit **THIS** post.
Also, yeah we gotta do custom tiles, otherwise it looks terrible with custom sprites, as Squiddle said.

Hmm, another idea, with that storyline how you 'appoint some members' make the gang temporary, because it would fill up positions you might want your friends in.
Quest ideas:
Some quests, you have to have a team of x amount of members.
Achievements:
Rookie: Defeat 5 puppies.
Amateur: Defeat 5 puppies and 2 Middle-aged dogs.
more coming soon. :)

Lols, Such is Life? Not sure what it's like, but I'll try not to rob it's main idea =3.
And nice ideas Bob, we'll definately put those in the WIP Board. I already have a nice storyline, and I'm working on the beginner's tutorial place. It's really cute! When you cut the story down to the bone, though, it goes like this:

You're a cat who's been abondoned by your humans into a small, dark room of a run-down animal shelter. Luckilly, you arrived at the right time. Inside, you meet Tyson, an orange tabby who wears the only thing he still owns: A bright blue and cyan bandanna. He explains that he had just scratched out the bolts on a nearby ventalation duct, so you both start to make your way out through the air vents. Eventually, you arrive on the roof of the shelter. Quickly thinking, you and Tyson jump into a stack of horse feed that was positioned outside of the nearby horse-stable, and from there you make your way into the forest.

More to come to that ;). Any comments on it? That's basicly only the tutorial level.

@[SB:

> [Squi] Squiddle link=topic=47295.msg483874#msg483874 date=1246399205]
> Lols, Such is Life? Not sure what it's like, but I'll try not to rob it's main idea =3.
> And nice ideas Bob, we'll definately put those in the WIP Board. I already have a nice storyline, and I'm working on the beginner's tutorial place. It's really cute! When you cut the story down to the bone, though, it goes like this:
>
>     You're a cat who's been abondoned by your humans into a small, dark room of a run-down animal shelter. Luckilly, you arrived at the right time. Inside, you meet Tyson, an orange tabby who wears the only thing he still owns: A bright blue and cyan bandanna. He explains that he had just scratched out the bolts on a nearby ventalation duct, so you both start to make your way out through the air vents. Eventually, you arrive on the roof of the shelter. Quickly thinking, you and Tyson jump into a stack of horse feed that was positioned outside of the nearby horse-stable, and from there you make your way into the forest.
>
> More to come to that ;). Any comments on it? That's basicly only the tutorial level.

Well you can use Such Is Life's main idea, because i doubt anyone would really notice, judging the difference between Kitten and Human, (in SIL you go from baby(YES BABY) to adult.) Anyway SIL on hold till 3.0, so i dont mind at all.
Ok, comments on storyline:
Nice, by the looks of that, i wanna see the tutorial :P.
and so your hosting KMMO, or KO or whatever lol?
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
DAMNIT if only this was the Warning while you were typing new reply posted game >:P