Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Command for when Flash movie ends?

*Zeropan*

@Admiral:

> I don't think there's a sadscript command for this; you can probably source it similar to how the custom menu detects closes.

i really don't like how you can move your character see the surroundings while watching a flash movie.
Is there anyway to fix that thru sadscript cuz i dont have VB6 only VB2008

@*Zeropan*:

> i really don't like how you can move your character see the surroundings while watching a flash movie.
> Is there anyway to fix that thru sadscript cuz i dont have VB6 only VB2008

You could try locking the player before the movie shows, then unlock the player after the movie shows; here is some pseudocode that could work:
```
Call LockPlayer(1)
Call FlashMovie(mymovie.swf)
Call LockPlayer(0)
Exit Sub
```

@Admiral:

> You could try locking the player before the movie shows, then unlock the player after the movie shows; here is some pseudocode that could work:
> ```
> Call LockPlayer(1)
> Call FlashMovie(mymovie.swf)
> Call LockPlayer(0)
> Exit Sub
> ```

Problem for that is it doesnt check IF the movie ends, so all it does is lock the player>play the movie> unlock_PLayeer while still playin the movie

@*Zeropan*:

> Problem for that is it doesnt check IF the movie ends, so all it does is lock the player>play the movie> unlock_PLayeer while still playin the movie

Yea, I figured that would happen :sad:
So yea, unless you estimate how long the movie is, and use timers to lock/unlock the player, I don't see a sadscripted solution.

Well, the timer-solution technically is a solution, but if the player exits the movie pre-maturely, it would end up keeping him locked.

All this time, I thought it already locked the player when the opened the movie, just like it disabled music and soundfx when you open the movie, and enables the music and soundfx when you close it.

@*Zeropan*:

> how about making the screen all black while playing the Flash window and when anykey is pressed it goes back to normal, is that possible thru sadscript?

Detecting any key via sadscript is easy, sadly, you can't put a big black screen up when the movie goes up, via sadscript (unless you want to have a massive custom menu go up, then spam the movie on top of that custom menu, that _might_ work, but I don't use custom menus, so idk).

@Admiral:

> Detecting any key via sadscript is easy, sadly, you can't put a big black screen up when the movie goes up, via sadscript (unless you want to have a massive custom menu go up, then spam the movie on top of that custom menu, that _might_ work, but I don't use custom menus, so idk).

Actually heres a way
my pseucode
when player stepped on tile
                Play the Flash Movie
                Teleport the player where map is covered with BLACK fringe and on the spot       
                          where its surounded with teleport back

@*Zeropan*:

> Actually heres a way
> my pseucode
> when player stepped on tile
>                 Play the Flash Movie
>                 Teleport the player where map is covered with BLACK fringe and on the spot       
>                           where its surounded with teleport back

The problem is, people would still be able to move, and would still be able to walk on those black teleporters while the movie is going on.