Zero ishikawa Questions

ZeroIshikawa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Its only a few….
>
> The other users downloaded it with no problem and didn't have to change nothing.

Well maybe their firewall is blocking in-coming connection from the server. This can happen because i have had different firewalls on different computers and it blocked access. If its the firewall then i would have to know which on to know how to add permissions. I have a friend that i think had this problem but i don't remember how we fixed it.

> Edit: Also i have a problem with my updater, in the new version its suppose to download the new gui set but instead it only downloads the MainMenu, nothing else, so what i tried was putting in the newversion text the other names to the gui like so (GUI/Login.jpg) and so on, but when i ran the updater again it did not do so?
>
> What would be the cause of this?

Are you using the one Marsh made?
Make sure the file names are case sensitive. Also, you have to add in currentversion.txt and in newversion.txt each of them.

@Jna:

> Well maybe their firewall is blocking in-coming connection from the server. This can happen because i have had different firewalls on different computers and it blocked access. If its the firewall then i would have to know which on to know how to add permissions. I have a friend that i think had this problem but i don't remember how we fixed it.Are you using the one Marsh made?
> Make sure the file names are case sensitive. Also, you have to add in currentversion.txt and in newversion.txt each of them.

With the firewall one, i can see which one they got but can't guarantee they tell me.

and with the updater yes, i'm using the marsh one and i had put the words exactly how they is spelled in my gui folder.

thank you, took me forever to get it right.

But umm ok so i got another question now, i see people post this when there  server is up:
![](http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/vl_trankilo_vl/serverstatus.jpg)
and it switches off when the server is offline, how could i do this?

@~Zero:

> thank you, took me forever to get it right.
>
> But umm ok so i got another question now, i see people post this when there  server is up:
> ![](http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/vl_trankilo_vl/serverstatus.jpg)
> and it switches off when the server is offline, how could i do this?

Click the "Status Checker" tab that's at the top of the forums (next to Tutorials, Chat, etc).