Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Issues with frmItemEditor and frmNPCEditor

KrakaKrucifix

Ok, I'm editing my frmMirage in, what I thought would be, so minor and easy to manage ways.  Most of them seem to work fine but there is one problem I have that I believe is directly related to something in frmMirage.  Basically, I tried to shorten the width of the HP and MP bars from 150 to 100.  Then I moved them to the right 50 so that there is space to the left of them for me to add other labels.  The issue I am having is that when I go in game, the HP and MP bar are back to being 150 in width but they are also moved over to the right 50.  So my labels show just fine but my hp and mp bars are partially hidden behind the chat box and the picture box that shows the game.

My other issue is related to frmMirage but I have another topic open about it here:
[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,48022.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,48022.0.html)

Any help anyone can give on either of these two issues would be greatly appreciated.

setting them to 100 is not enough, because they are set in width when you are hit and stuff.

so, you need to find the part that updates them when hit, and set it to 100 there too :)

its proberly in a packet, thats send from server, so look in handledata clientside.

Damian666

Awesome, thanks man.  I found what you were talking about its under Player HP Packet and Player MP Packet.  I haven't tested it yet cause I generally wait to remake my client until I have a few more changes to it but I definitely think this will work.    :cheesy:

Care to take a look at my other issue that I linked above?  I believe it has to do with parsing because I have an issue anytime I try to add anything that involves parsing.

Yeah it worked, I think there is something I need to change, probably under when the sever loads or when someone first logs in because when they first log in, the width is off again, once they get hit, its perfect.

As a side note, if either of you look at this again.  I am working on changing my scroll bars on my NPC Editor and my Item Editor into text boxes so I'm not limited by the integer limits placed on scroll bars.  Here is the link:

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,31706.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,31706.0.html)

I haven't noticed any issues with the changes to the NPC editor except that the error about it not being a number pops up when I press backspace.  However, when using the Item Editor I'd like to be able to use negative numbers if possible and I'm not sure how to implement that.  Also, it has an issue that when I highlight the number within the text box and press delete (this doesn't happen with the NPC Editor) the client crashes with a Run-time error '13' type mismatch.

As per my usual, any help would be greatly appreciated.

That reminds me of an trainer I made, I set my HP and stuff to Aksel XD

Well you won't have to use IsNumeric at all, as if the devs are a little bright they should be able to check if they are using numbers themselves.

@AkselJ:

> Well you won't have to use IsNumeric at all, as if the devs are a little bright they should be able to check if they are using numbers themselves.

True. But you never know when you get bored and type INFINITY into the box.

Hmm, do I know how to code… that would depend on the context.  Comparing to most of you guys who answer my questions... No... no I don't.  In comparison, what I do is bang my head against the keyboard until something that seems like it might be logical pops up.  Then I compile and run and see what it does.  In most situations, it crashes my game or my server.  At which time, I usually delete whatever I banged out and start the process over again.

As a side note, my hp and mp bars appear to work perfectly now.  There was another place where I needed to change 150 to 100 for each of them.

Could any of you elaborate on your suggestions as to how to fix my Item Editor?  Or the minor flaw in the NPC Editor?

> I haven't noticed any issues with the changes to the NPC editor except that the error about it not being a number pops up when I press backspace.  However, when using the Item Editor I'd like to be able to use negative numbers if possible and I'm not sure how to implement that.  Also, it has an issue that when I highlight the number within the text box and press delete (this doesn't happen with the NPC Editor) the client crashes with a Run-time error '13' type mismatch.

The errors mainly refer to using backspace with the NPCEditor and using delete or backspace with the ItemEditor.  The middle item, though not an issue, would help me out a bunch and I really have no clue how to go about implementing it.  I'm primarily a C++ programmer and Have only had a couple classes of that in college and actually haven't had to use it for anything serious in .. a year I think so I'm quite rusty.  I'm kind of learning as I go and I tend to learn best by example, despite what people say about teaching themselves.

Thanks again,
    KK

Yes, but your responses are what I was asking you to expand on.  As far as setting the scroll bar min to negatives, I've already changed it over to text boxes… do I need to change it back to scroll bars if I want negatives?

As for what Umbra suggested, I think I just figured out what he means.  I believe he was referring to moving my checks so that they check when I save the item.

I have converted almost all of my scroll bars over to text boxes at this point.  There is probably 3 or 4 I didn't change on the NPCEditor because they are short ones (I don't plan to have more than 10 classes in the end, things like that) and I believe I only have like 2 scroll bars in the ItemEditor the Exp percentage being one of them because it was giving an error and I have enough topics opened at the moment asking for help  :P

When attempting to do that I get a Runtime Error 6 Overflow message and the client crashes.  Its directly when I press the - key though so it could be because of the isNumber check perhaps?  I'll test this.

Edit:

So I took out the sub that checks to make sure that what I put in the text box is a number (by key press) but upon pressing the - key I get Runtime Error '13' Type mismatch.  Prior to this, the changes I made I got Runtime Error '6' Overflow. So at least its a change  XD