Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Port forwarding help again…

SawQuart

Ok, so I did the portforwarding thing from all the tuts. Each time it didnt work. Then I tried Hemachi. The server IP was my Internal IP and NOT the Hemachi IP like it was suppost to be. When I opened the client and put in the Hemachi IP, it worked and granted me access. Can anybody else access the files and play on my game online? Or do I have to portforward again?

ok, go into your web browser, delete what ever is in the address bar, type in your local I.P. Address (192.168.1.1)  from there, configure the settings at the tab named "Gaming" or something similar.  you will need to enter the name of the program, which is Eclipse, and then enter your IP and Port ranges for access (4000 - 4001) then save, exit, enter your IP address and port in your game, and test it to see if it works.

Go to "Start" -> "Run" type in "CMD".

Then, type "ipconfig", hit enter.

It will display your default gateway, ip, etc….

The IP you put into your **router** to port-forward, will be the ip in the ipconfig; the ip that you will put into your client, will be the ipchicken one.

Find your router here, and try one of these tutorials: http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Eclipse/Eclipseindex.htm

EDIT: It will not matter if you're using a wireless network or not; though, I'm not sure how good it will be for your players, to try to use a server that's running on a laptop though a wireless network; may get lag.

Uhhh…. All I know is that there is a router in my basement that sends out a very weak signal. Then there is another machein down there that is called "Arris" or something. The Arris sends out another signal that is named after my dad. The router and the Arris (i think) are connected (Im not completely sure). Also, there are things plugged into the wall that recieve the signals from the Arris and increase them. Also I know that our old PC used to connect physically to the router. Thats all I know.

ok well regardless if you are or not… do like admiral said

go to start -> run and type cmd
then type ipconfig and get your lan

should be 192.168.1.XXX
or 192.168.0.XXX

from your laptop go to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 depending on your ip and make sure you can log into the router.