Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Developing a 3D game from scratch

Ambard

Hey everyone. *Big wave to the vets out there*

Thought I would just show some of what I have been working on lately.

This is the infancy of a new 3D Ambardia. Everything you see is pretty much just place holders to be replaced with my custom models and graphics later.

I finally put my head down and learned how to low poly model, texture and shade correctly.

Here are some screens of my own custom 3d engine.

You can start or exit for now. There is background music.

The character is just a cube for now with forward, backward, left rotation and right rotation and jump.

The mainland is a basic mesh with one portal to throne room.

That is all for now as I work on the core in Python.

Today I managed to correctly import a rigged character thanks to Sebastian Lague great You Tube tutorial. I have not added the walk cycles yet but I will soon. I also added mist and imported the old Ambardia alcove model. I also modeled a very crude tree from scratch. I will do better ones at a later time.

I am having so much fun using my new modeling skills. Here is a little render I did at lunch. This could be the start of a farm I think.

I also have a sky dome that rotates in the game so the clouds look like they are slowly creeping by.

I would personally prefer a more comic-like look (the last screen looks better) if you don't want to spend the rest of your life modeling. Otherwise, low-poly models just don*t look good I think. Good start that you got there and since I loved the work and detail you put into Ambardia I expect something great!

Good job, good luck,

-seal

> What programming language are you using?

I am using the game maker built into Blender. All coding is done in python. So far I have only coded in some simple mouse and camera stuff. Everything else is straight built from the game engine.