Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lag in 2.8

Gus

Well, me and my friend updated from 2.7 to 2.8, and the lag is terrible, i can't walk without being teleported backwards, and numerous other things. Is this known about or what? If its fixable please let me know :P

Not sure what you mean. I'm connecting to him via his IP, and it worked perfect till we switched to 2.8\. Also, night time was laggy in 2.7 and is still laggy in 2.8… Whats the problem with that?

No, Tipsta, i did not hence "I'm connecting to him via his IP,". Please check your eyes before replying again, and i'm not trying to be mean, just if you don't know what you're talking about then don't reply. My internet is not slow. It worked in 2.7, can you not read. Now if someone could help me out that would be great.

@tip
I believe i said enough to imply that i was having problems with lag in 2.8\. That is enough, you're assuming my internet connection is slow, which doesn't explain the lag in version 2.8\. Do i have to tell you ONCE more that i was fine in 2.7\. You have said "your connection is slow" thats not helping, honestly. I'm not getting pissed, so i don't know where you got that from. Now, can someone with some sort of intelligence tell me what is wrong.

@Mc
Firefox yes, in 2.7 i was running: msn, firefox (multiple tabs) I have more then enough ram and CPU power, as well as internet speed. So what he is saying is just flat out dumb lol.

Hi ^^

Well, I just made the move to 2.8 and I'm having the same kind of problem: when I'm running, my character keeps missing/adding steps, so the display lags a bit. My position is good, though - no sync problem with the server.

I'm running Vista Business on a Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.1 GHz) laptop with 2 Gb of RAM and I had no such problems with 2.7 .

One last thing: I'm running the server on the laptop as well, which I also did on 2.7, so network/internet speeds are not the issue here. ^^

Yeah. I was reading the source section so this is more of a bug, so it should be moved to the bug section. But thats not my job to say so :P

But yeah, there is an experimental source edit that supposedly works a tad better. May as well wait till it works fully.

The lag moving is due to the map-freezing "fix" that was added to EE2.8\. Its supposed to update your location whenever you move, but it doesn't do that fast enough so it constantly warps your character on the client… the fix needs to be removed...

Ok… So _that's_ it. =)

To "solve" this in 2.7, I added a /reset command that warped the player to his current server side coordinates.

Well, it may be a bit laggy, but the fix works! I haven't had out-of-sync since 2.8, now that I think of it. We'll just have to wait 'till the kinks are ironed out. ^^

Roujo

It's because of the anti-lag hackup that someone added to 2.8.
It fixes it for most people, but it breaks HORRIBLY for others.

It's because of the "sendnewplayerxy" packet.
I have confirmed this myself, as when I first opened 2.8 the characters were jumpy and laggy as hell. I removed that packet and it started working perfectly.

Think before you reply guys, it's not always the person who's running the programs fault.

**Edit:**
@Raichu!:

> The lag moving is due to the map-freezing "fix" that was added to EE2.8\. Its supposed to update your location whenever you move, but it doesn't do that fast enough so it constantly warps your character on the client… the fix needs to be removed...

What he said.

Thank you Umbra, I agree, if you don't have a clue what you're talking about don't reply. I'd rather have an official word then someone who don't know what they're talking about.

And Umbra, did you fix it? if so could you tell me what to edit in the source?

Find this:
```
Call SendDataTo(index, "PLAYERNEWXY" & SEP_CHAR & GetPlayerX(index) & SEP_CHAR & GetPlayerY(index) & END_CHAR)

```and comment it out.

… I'll edit this post (again) with better instructions when I find them. xD