Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Draconi Legends [Eclipse Beta]

Link

Hi, I'm DeathTheKid. I'm here today hoping to gather a nice rag tag team of at-least six people who are willing to be devoted to a project that I think could be a success. Firstly, I'm using eclipse as a prototype for this game..I'm familiar with eclipse and with vb6, I'll probably be programming the prototype features. The prototype is to see if the game would be enjoyable and worth trying in a better language. Am I willing to pay? I don't see that being needed unless you're amazing at what you do, but it's a possibility.

More about the game: Draconi Legends is a game where I aim for it to be addictive and competitive, but fun all the same. I would like to use the **_Eclipse Worlds_** engine, thank you Seth. So, let's go into details shall we?

This game started out as just a name for an eclipse game naming contest, once I seen people were interested by my silly rough draft I figured why not try to create the game. On with some game mechanics, content and some nice juicy ideas!

In the world of Draconi each and every player would have individuality with the ability to fully customize their characters to their liking, of course there will be a shop later where you could buy things for your character later on. Each player starts by choosing a class, there are a few classes though not all have been worked out. I present these of which I have:

>! **Warrior**
**:** A class that focuses on short range and powerful attacks, along with good defensive power. Your dragon would have powerful attacks along with high defensive power (Armor)
>!  
>! **Mage**
**:** A class that focuses on the use of magic long range, but weak attacks. The power to create barriers, use spells and transform your dragon makes up for the lack of strength.
>!  
>! **Archer** **:** A class that focuses on powerful long range attacks, but lacks defense. Your dragon would have longer range attacks, but the class has mystic item use.
>!  
>! **Thief :** A class that focuses on looting, weak attack and defensive power. Your dragon would be able to steal the power of other dragons for a short amount of time.
>!  
>! **Cleric** **:** A class that focuses mostly on healing power, weak defensive and offensive power, but needed more than other classes in the team and desperate situation. Your dragon has high regenerative powers and can heal other chosen near by dragons.

Now that you have an idea of some classes let's get into some content:

As a player you start off by choosing a class and then a random dragon egg within that class, the egg will determine what dragon hatches from it, this is deemed your other half and your life long partner..there is a close bond between the master and its dragon. If your dragon dies, you die. If you fail to train your dragon it becomes evil, you also take on evil characteristics..the opposite is true for your dragon. If you die, it dies and so on.

Each dragon has four stages:

1\. Egg

2\. Hatchling

3\. Dragon

4\. Draconi

Travel the world of Draconi for countless treasure is to be found, battle many beasts and other dragon tamers, climb the top of the leader boards to acquire the title of a Draconi Legend.

What am I looking for from you? While I can program I'd like someone who knows Dx8 and is probably a better programmer than me, so 1 programmer.

1\. Programmer (1)

2\. Artists - Pixel and or GUI (2) - 1/2 Filled (BlureShadow *GUI*)

3\. Web Designer (1) - Filled (VoltiSoft)

If you're interested or need info let me know, for now that's all I'd need. You can message me here or add me on skype; zarachi6

Be sure to provide examples of your work, thanks.

No. It would be on a much higher level than eclipse's pet system and I wouldn't call it that. I have many more ideas than just a dragon following you around everywhere. If you took that the pet system was the main idea out of that concept then you're reading it incorrectly.

> No. It would be on a much higher level than eclipse's pet system and I wouldn't call it that. I have many more ideas than just a dragon following you around everywhere. If you took that the pet system was the main idea out of that concept then you're reading it incorrectly.

There are many types of 'Pet System'  xD

is it one of them?

A Draconi is a further evolved dragon, better stats…different look. Like the post said if you wanted more info there's a pm option. There's no need to post back to back. Either you want to join the project or not. If you're  here to apply, great. If not, move along. It says looking for staff, not advice.

There are no screen shots because as you can see it's going to be just starting...thus I provided the engine I'll be using. If I'm looking for an artist and this is a fresh project...if you put two and two together there is no art done, therefor what should I be showing off?

Point blank there's enough information provided to give you a general consensus of what I need, my goal is not to have you drewling in your seats, that comes when I've recruited you and we start going over a flow chart, deeper into the mechanics, the concepts, the plot, and the timeline...as well as character ideas and such.

- Death

> Ohh sorry why didn't you say so

This. You should have mentioned that in the first post then we wouldn't need to question. Also we were asking for more information not providing you with advice ;)

> Spiral I think you're just trying to get more posts, it's not wise to spam a moderator's topic. If you post another pointless post I'll take it as exactly that.

lol what makes good if i got so many post?

On topic: still wondering what makes the dragon system is. But my main think is pet system like sherwin. Anyway goodluck for you project and for finding some people

I guess you are misunderstanding each other. Of course this feature is SOME SORT OF pet system. But no pet system that has been written and one that has way more and distinguishible (just trying to sound smart, idk if that is spelled correctly) features. Of course you can still call it a "pet system" but as it sounds it will be nothing comparable to what you can see as tutorials etc. on here. What I personally expect is a smarter AI for your dragon and many interaction possibilities (I would like to see even useless stuff like chatting with your dragon about recent fights etc.). 

I wish you good luck on finding people to work with you. If this was not in eclipse I would definately write you a pm, because I personally like your idea (Maybe I am interpreting too much though).

-seal

@Spiral: The problem of some newer members seems to be that they partially just chat in topics. Stuff like "Lol, cool idea!", "Sorry didnt see that" alone makes no useful post actually. If you want to have smalltalk you can use the pm function.

The web designer would create both the forums and site, as well as do maintenance. Since I'm not experienced with website stuff obviously I'd expect you t be experienced enough to turn my ideas for the site into a reality, nothing too complex though. Since the people I'm gathering here I expect to stick with the project you'll probably have to make changes later, there will be a forum shop and so on later so of course there will need to be additions in the future, hope I answered.

> I didn't make it longer because I didn't want to bore anyone, trust me I was tempted to add a lot more. I mentioned what I thought would be just enough.

I agree, if you add more information and make it longer.. they will just ignore it and will only check for artworks and screenshots. (because i'm one of those who ignore stories or long informations)

I could apply for Web Designer.

I have made multiple websites, a couple being a forums and about 3 being normal websites.

Some examples of my work: [http://s13.zetaboards.com/technomagick/index/](http://s13.zetaboards.com/technomagick/index/) and [http://epicrealms.yolasite.com](http://epicrealms.yolasite.com)  (Unfortunately, I currently can't get a Domain Name yet… soon...)

I am very interested in this project and would like to see where it would go.

Thank you.

EDIT: I would need you to be able to provide a purchased domain name or website designer site/application... as I am unable to gain a Domain Name...