Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scripting / Spells

rkknott

Hi :)

Well basically i have gotten to grips and know how to use all the basic tools and features apart from spells, i heard spells must be scripted? i found a spell script, now im just curios as to were i go from here, How do i setup a spell? and how do i make it appear in the spell list?

Thanks in advance :)

Uhh i have a bad memory on this one.
I think you gotta make an item that is bound by a spell. I'll have to get back to you on this one, unless someone gets in first as i don't really play around with the client any more, just scripts! :)

@rkknott:

> Hi :)
>
> Well basically i have gotten to grips and know how to use all the basic tools and features apart from spells, i heard spells must be scripted? i found a spell script, now im just curios as to were i go from here, How do i setup a spell? and how do i make it appear in the spell list?
>
> Thanks in advance :)

Are you using EE 2.8?

Regards,
  Godlord.

@rkknott:

> I do believe i downloaded EE 2.8 but it says im using EE 2.7.
>
> I have now realised about making an item bound to a spell, but now upon trying to cast a spell i get "cannot cast spell"

Well EE 2.7 (You downloaded EE 2.7 from the home page, EE 2.8 has a out of sync bug which is why it got changed back to EE 2.7) has some bugs so that spells don't work, in that case you'll need to use scripting.

EE 2.8 got rid of the spell bug, so you aren't forced to use scripting, but it might be possible that it lags "horribly", which is the out of sync bug.

Regards,
  Godlord.