Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[RTE] [EE2.7] Run-time error 53

killernoise1

when i try to run the game on my labtop (after i ran marshes auto updater that i just got working today) a error Know comes up (it worked fine before i used the updater) the error says;

Error Initializing DirectDraw! Make sure you have DirectX 7 or higer installed and a compatible graphics device.  Err: 53\. Desc:Files Not Found.

please, everyone who has used the updater is getting the error. please anybody this is effecting my community and i need serious help!

Thanks,

killernoise

i think one of my gui files is messed up. it shows that its updated and stuff but the picture is still default (the orange and dragons stuff) its hard to explain i can try to get a picture if you want. i tried re-downloading the picture deleting it everything. nothing works it stays that way like its frozen (es i am able to download but it just does the same thing when i put a fresh copy of the file back).

@killernoise1:

> i think one of my gui files is messed up. it shows that its updated and stuff but the picture is still default (the orange and dragons stuff) its hard to explain i can try to get a picture if you want. i tried re-downloading the picture deleting it everything. nothing works it stays that way like its frozen (es i am able to download but it just does the same thing when i put a fresh copy of the file back).

GUI has nothing to do with DirectX though, unless somebody replaced GDI with DirectX.

Regards,
  Godlord.

well here is what i tried. i got a fresh copy of My latest game update and put it on my computer. It works. Then i close everything, do the updater, and it gives me that error. so if i dont run the updater at ALL i can play it but if i run it just once i have to delete me files and reput another fresh copy on.

*Note* i did this all on my labtop (XP) Vista users get the problem too.

@Lord:

> either a GUI one,
>
> or one from the GFX folder,
>
> We dont know, its just one from that folder

@Godlord:

> **GUI has nothing to do with DirectX** though, unless somebody replaced GDI with DirectX.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 2 weeks later...
I got this error too. I just downloaded the latest Eclipse, and installed the library files. I ran the server, ran the client, made an account and went to town. I closed out of the client and when I went back to it right after I clicked Use This Character to enter the game I got the error.

I changed absolutely nothing. I downloaded everything, installed the library files and ran the game.