Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Cannot create the C:/ Program"

Skornage

"Cannot create the C:/ Program
Make sure that the path and file name are correct."

I get this error every time I try to edit and save one of my files from either the client or the server.
My first guess was that I moved my folder or renamed something… but I checked all that I could think of, and nothing...
Could someone help me fix this?

Screenshot of me trying to save my Elements.ini file: (It does this for every file. I just randomly clicked on elements for the example)

![](http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/Geminus_2006/error_screenshot.png)

Also, if you look to the left of the picture, I made sure that you can see where the "Eclipse" file is loacted in my C drive.
Local Disks (C:/ Drive) -> Program Files -> Eclipse -> Eclipse-Evolution-2.7 -> Client and Sever

I'm sorry it looks like you are running vista. Just right click on the file and hit run as admin, this should fix your problem.

A more permanent solution is, if you are admin you can right click on the entire folder, go to properties, go to securty tab then edit, and give yourself permission.

Also welcome to the forum :)

That definitely fixed it! I appreciate it. ;) You can only imagine how difficult it would be to develop a game without editing the classes, news, Data, etc. :P

And thanks for the welcome! These forums have been very useful so far, and what a great community!