Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WTF Server not working for player client…

Olimar72

OK, so I have my IP and Port set to 127.0.0.1 and 4000 and the player client set to what my IP is and Port 4000.  I tried using IPchicken to get my IP.  I use PDFport checker to check and my port 4000 is open for UDP and the other one.  I run the client on a friends computer, (After installing ELI2) and it's offline.  I try setting the friends IP to the IP I got from my PDFport checker and it still said it was offline.  I've done this same thing for a different eclipse game I made (An older version of the current game) and it was online.  Also, my client works just fine.  What the heck is wrong???

~Olimar72

@Hey880:

> well your game is port forwarded right?

Yes.  It worked just fine when he tried my previous version.  I just changed the GFX, and now it doesn't work.  Yes, he did download the new client and everything.  I only added 1 more item to item.bmp.  Now it doesn't work!!

@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=51994.msg547446#msg547446 date=1253414162]
> 1\. add my msn [email protected]
>
> 2\. is he putting in the correct ip? ipchicken.org or whatever it is nowadays. are you definate that the port is forwarded to teh right IP adress? if you dont have static ip's set up through your router you may have to change it each time if theres more than one computer on the network.

1.  No.

Anyways, it worked now.  He reinstalled ELI and rebooted his computer and now it works.  Wierd?  He already installed ELI and rebooted for a previous version of the game and it worked.  Why did he have to install again?