Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alignment System (Ideas..Suggesions very much allowed)

ZoSo

Note that this is for my game Silverdale, which is a bit differently made than other Eclipse games. I tried to make it so it doesnt interfere with PvE and that its not a must-follow system.

Tell me what you think.

> What i have planned for Silverdale is adding in a Alignment system.. where your actions effect your character alignment.
>
> **Saint**
> 30% Resistance against Criminal-Scourge players.
> 10% More damage to Criminal-Scourge players.
> 30% Less Costs in Shops.
> 1/3 Chance to drop Equipped Non-Drop item in PVP. (If Killed by Evil)
> 10% more damage in Town to Criminal-Scourge Players.
>
> **Divine**
> 20% Resistance against Criminal-Scourge players.
> 5% More damage to Criminal-Scourge players.
> 20% Less Costs in Shops.
> 1/5 Chance to drop Equipped Non-Drop item in PVP. (If Killed by Evil)
> 5% more damage in Towns to Criminal-Scourge Players.
>
> **Good**
> 10% Resistance against Criminal-Scourge players.
> 10% Less Costs in Shops.
> 1/5 Chance to drop Equipped Item in PVP.
> 3% more damage in Towns against Criminal-Scourge Players.
>
> **Neutral**
> Doesnt drop Equipped Items in PVP.
>
> **Criminal**
> 10% Resistance against Good-Saint players.
> 10% Higher Sellrate to Shops.
> 1/5 Chance to drop Equipped Item in PVP.
> 3% more damage in PVP areas against Good-Saint Players.
> Can get attacked in Safe Areas.
>
> **Evil**
> 20% Resistance against Good-Saint players.
> 20% Higher Sellrate to Shops.
> 1/5 Chance to drop Equipped Non-Drop item in PVP. (If Killed by Divine)
> 5% more damage in PVP areas against Good-Saint Players.
> Can get attacked in Towns.
>
> **Scourge**
> 30% Resistance against Good-Saint players.
> 20% Higher Sellrate to Shops.
> 1/3 Chance to drop Equipped Non-Drop item in PVP. (If Killed by Divine)
> 10% more damage in PVP areas against Good-Saint Players.
> Can get attacked in Towns.
>
> We also have plans on adding in a PK town. And have Good guards in Liberton and Evil Guards in whatever new town im adding in.. And keeping Lupin somewhat neutral. This would really make the PVP system quite interesting..
>
> We also plan on having certain PVP items only buyable if Evil or Criminal, or Good or Divine.. and ofcourse having really good items for Divine/Evil.. so there is a point of having a specific Alignment.
>
> You guys have any ideas? I think this would work really good in Silverdale.. and i kinda planned something like this in the beginning, but it never got done. If anybody remembers me or Belier13 talking about a Karma system.. way back.
>
> How do you gain Alignment?
> Yeah i almost forgot this myself.. Im having a hard time deciding how Good/Divine players should get their points.. But i thought i'd work if Neutral player killing a Neutral player gets -1 Alignment Points.
>
> Then you gain more or less points killing the opposite aligned player. For instance.. a Divine player killing a Criminal would get +5\. While an Criminal killing a Divine would get +10.. and so on.
>
> And it'll be like..
>
> +100 = Saint
> +50 = Divine
> +1 = Good
> 0 = Neutral
> -1 = Criminal
> -50 = Evil
> -100 = Scourge
>
> Eventually it would be an good idea to add in.. Good and Evil NPC's.. Along with the Evil/Good town system.. So killing peacefull Civillians or Guards will also give you Evil Points.. While killing Evil Civillians or Guards will gain you Good Points.
>
> Sound interesting? I really think this would spice up the PVP in this game.. Its nothing you need to do, but the option is there.. for people who just want to raid. You can do that, but people who want a challange.. can try this ^^.
>
> Now for killing low-level players.. i was thinking of that player getting a de-buff. Like a disease.. which lowers your Stats. So there really isint a point going around killing low level players and thinking your cool because of that xD.

How dont they gain anything.. Criminals get to PK people and get their loot/gold.. With that comes a penalty. Its not unfair, its unfair to kill players without a penalty.. Good players get to kill to a limit of only Evil/Criminal people.

If you're a pussy you can limit yourself to being Good ^^.. But then you dont get to kill anyone in sight.

And if you'd read the entire post you'd see we have plans for Evil/Criminal towns :P.. Where good people get attacked by guards.

Thinking of adding a +100 and -100 Stage to.

@Fujibayashi.Kyou:

> How about a percentage system rather than a fixed number system. +50 Divine has got 30% less shop price, you could use +1 for a 0.6% less shop price or something. Makes the effort more…. worthwhile.

Not a bad idea, allthrough the different alighments are more like Ranks.. They'll also change your Character name color, which is shown in Chat and over the head.
And there will be items only purchasable at when your fully Evil, along with player sprites.

> A Divine player killing a Criminal would get +5\. While an Criminal killing a Divine would get +10

I think you may get some complaints about a uneven system if you implament that. Sounds like a solid system though. perhaps gain more alignment for turning in quests. Or lose alignment for killing guard npcs (or a certain type).

@Marsh:

> I think you may get some complaints about a uneven system if you implament that. Sounds like a solid system though. perhaps gain more alignment for turning in quests. Or lose alignment for killing guard npcs (or a certain type).

Its not uneven.
Divine is (Rank2) while Criminal is (Rank1).. simply put.
Its the same for both sides.. a Good player killing an Evil would get +10.. While an evil killing a good would get only -5.

> Sounds cool, how about though that being Evil gives you certain strengths as well[/qoute]
>
> It allready does.. i changed the system a bit. Updated the topic, check it out.