Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HTML Tutorial

dw408

I got this off my post on [DesktopEssentials.info](http://DesktopEssentials.info).

Now, don't expect to have your site to be as professional as the ones you see right after this tut. But I am a newbie as are you so I will update the page whenever I learn a new thing. So here we go!

1\. Open Notepad via your start menu. (If you are on windows you can open the start menu, click run and type "notepad" without the quotes.)

2\. We will have to start off by entering the following code:
```

The site's title ges here

(The rest of the website's code goes here)

```
. Once entered that you can enter your coding where is says "(the rest of the website's code goes here)" without the quotes.

So that's the starting point done, now let's learn the real coding.

**The Simple Stuff**

The rest of the tutorials you put the coding where it said (The rest of the website's code goes here).

To insert a header of the site you simply

```

# Insert header text here
And if you want to insert text

```
Insert text here

```
Now your full coding should look like this

```

Your Title

# Your header

Your text

```
Also, did you notice that at the end of every tiny bit of coding it would have And remember when you are finished go File>Save and save the file's name as "index.html" without the quotes.

**Headings**

In the last tutorial you learnt how to make a heading but now I am gonna teach you more.

# isn't the only heading tag. You can have

# ot

###### ,

# defines the largest and

###### defines smallest.

e.g.

```

# This is the largest heading

## This is second largest

### This is the third largest

#### This is the third smallest

##### This is the second smallest

<
```Tut will be finished later…....

```

@Lam3r:

> lol the tutorial from DE that you got after reading my tutorial on these forums…

I just read your tut, and I see no obvious similarities. Except that the both of you are using loads of space to explain basically nothing usefull… I know you have to start somewhere, but I had to too, and I learned this 'basic' in 20 sec or so...

this takes 20 seconds to know, its easy, put the not so easy stuff, like img codes, and a bunch of that. the stuff that might no be so obvious bgcolor=, etc.

Sincerely,
Empress

@[B.I.T.C.H:

> .:Ev1ltyphoon:. link=topic=53383.msg565991#msg565991 date=1256767361]
> I just read your tut, and I see no obvious similarities. Except that the both of you are using loads of space to explain basically nothing usefull… I know you have to start somewhere, but I had to too, and I learned this 'basic' in 20 sec or so...

Basically nothing useful…so please explain to me what was NOT useful about the tutorial of mine?

its not useful, because its mandatory in school to learn this by grade 8, everyone already knows it, teach us something we dont know.

Sincerely,
Empress

haha wrong…completely wrong. They offer it in most schools, but lots of people decide not to take it. They make you have a technology credit, but most people just take introductions to computers themselves -- Photoshop, word, excel, powerpoint, etc.. Not programming/coding...

@Lam3r:

> haha wrong…completely wrong. They offer it in most schools, but lots of people decide not to take it. They make you have a technology credit, but most people just take introductions to computers themselves -- Photoshop, word, excel, powerpoint, etc.. Not programming/coding...

a law was passed recently, years maybe, its required now.

Sincerely,
Empress

@[B.I.T.C.H:

> Empress link=topic=53383.msg566011#msg566011 date=1256768709]
> a law was passed recently, years maybe, its required now.
>
> Sincerely,
> Empress

Did you know that eclipse is a global community? And that 1 law in 1 country doesn't directly mean all other countries have the same law?

@[B.I.T.C.H:

> Empress link=topic=53383.msg566016#msg566016 date=1256768931]
> oh yea. lol. Well in the United States its required. :P lol.
>
> Sincerely,
> Empress

Nope…at my high school we're required to have tech credits but web design is an elective as is all programming/coding courses. The generic tech classes are all introductions to various things

As for most web designers using programs other than notepad to make websites that is totally wrong...Lmao that's just a flat out guess and no proof to back it up. I for one use notepad to make websites and most of the people i know that design websites do as well. BTW my tutorial also tells why we use things the way we do, sure anyone can just bs there way through dreamweaver or something but have no idea what anything means, they just copy/paste. That's not learning HTML now is it? That's just copying and pasting code generated by a program into a file ending in .html...