Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project World - Idea

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially when your name is stripper XD

But we just discussed ideas we pm'ed you the notes so for next meeting we will have you and it will be a decision meeting, there are three types of meetings (hope that this is valid format so we don't need to discuss it at the meeting lol) A staff meeting, where all staff, or certain members of the staff (you too!) come and make minor decisions on the game, such as mapping decisions (within a map), item making, etc. (mostly ingame stuff), a concepting session, where the concept designers think of general concepts and ideas and refine them, then the notes of the meeting are sent to tipsta (even if he was there or not), then lastly, a decision meeting, where tipsta MUST be present, the decisions made are major.
Bottom line:
We didn't MAKE any decisions, we just discussed ideas.

But yeah sorry anyway.
Maybe you could be on tonite?
Thanks for your great idea!
Bye!

Don't worry Tipsta I made sure we did not make any decisions, and made sure that everyone knew that this was your idea and you need to be able to make all the final decisions. Sorry for doing the "meeting" but we were all bored and we did wait for you for awhile but you never showed sorry.

Again, just a reminder we have a chat room at:
[http://www.chatmaker.net/chatap/rooms/Project_World/](http://www.chatmaker.net/chatap/rooms/Project_World/)
And a conference whiteboard at:
[http://dabbleboard.com/draw/Project World/whiteboard](http://dabbleboard.com/draw/Project)

EDIT: I am going to ask Marsh for a WIP sub-board

DOUBLE EDIT: Marsh rejected it due to lack of real work XD, i dont blame him

TRIPLE EDIT: Is this like dead guys? If so, I will carry this through.

QUADRUPLE EDIT: RRRRRR answer me!

This would require TONS OF EFFORT… But id go all in to helping you if your willing to do this.

I can help with the following:

GFX A little tile and sprite modeling

Research - Im ok with researching (Any information).

Programming - Websites/Audio - Im ok with making websites not to good though, but I can make awsome Audio's).

Mapping - Im a great mapper.

Why would you do this? wouldn't it be more creative to just research what the world was a long time ago, and then come up with ideas for recreating it? Of course that ends up being the classic everyday fantasy game with a little more realism.

thing about a project like this is that you wont want people to get bored of it and would want it to be really addicting
not to mention you would be looking at a few thousand maps if not hundreds of thousands if not more depending on the map sizes and what era your going for
i would say the team would require 10+ mappers atlest have 2 going as the same time on 2 different maps all the time
custom GUI would be needed to fit everything right
your looking at a project that the research alone may take a few months once again if not longer
I advise doing it country by country so it would go a bit better

@Jungletoe:

> Dude, that would be epic. It would take well over 500 maps

500? Are you kidding me? That's tiny, for Earth. More like 5000+, and that's just the world map.

As for the idea itself, I could probably whip up a world map? It'd be really big, though :D.

Edit;

I only help with projects that need help, are dedicated and in-depth researched. If you are going to make this game, it will need everything researched, religion, clothing, culture, language, geography, history, and so on.

@greasontim:

> thing about a project like this is that you wont want people to get bored of it and would want it to be really addicting
> not to mention you would be looking at a few thousand maps if not hundreds of thousands if not more depending on the map sizes and what era your going for
> i would say the team would require 10+ mappers atlest have 2 going as the same time on 2 different maps all the time
> custom GUI would be needed to fit everything right
> your looking at a project that the research alone may take a few months once again if not longer
> I advise doing it country by country so it would go a bit better

I agree with this. If you are going to research the entire world at a period in time, it will take many years to complete the game, that is, if you take it country by country, and if you were to do the entire world.
If you were to designate a research group to individual parts of the research (Religion, language, clothing styles, culture, military advancements, technological advancements, etc) you could get it done much faster.

@Joe:

> rrr,
> i am going to give stripper a LITTLE bit more time then i am going to carry this through, and for the last time, WE ARENT DOING THE WHOLE WORLD YET, we are starting off with roman era empire then NEXT GAME will be the new world
>
> I LOVE cApS

"Next Game" ? Why not make it all in one game, and just do it a peice at a time?

Ok,

Im gonna do this, i start my holidays in 1 few days (like 3 or 4) so i will do this, but i am picking the team,

NOW DONT SPEAK WITHOUT TALKING TO ME FIRST, CAUSE HALF OF THE SHIT IN THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING I TALKED ABOUT

@[KS:

> Commander Stripper link=topic=53515.msg567517#msg567517 date=1256988207]
> Hey guys,
>
> I was thinking about a project,
>
> Lets say we take a snap shot of the world a long time ago, research it and recreate the world as real as we can, and turn it into a game.
>
> I mean, it would require an EPIC team, leads of research but i think we might be able to pull something like this off, now I'm not talking stupid little maps, I'm talking detailed information on races, background info, class info get it right so its like real. Recreate entire cites to accurate information.
>
> Now i want to know, would you support and help this project.
>
> Yours,
> -stripper

Lol, loving the name. BTW, i can help alot if you want. I love research.

I will be away for two weeks soon, really it is my idea, taking it and using it in your own game is kind of anoying for me. But this will happen, if it uses eclipse or not but its gonna need an epic team, and we need to make that team

@[KS:

> Commander Stripper link=topic=53515.msg578614#msg578614 date=1259215622]
> I will be away for two weeks soon, really it is my idea, taking it and using it in your own game is kind of anoying for me. But this will happen, if it uses eclipse or not but its gonna need an epic team, and we need to make that team

Thats why you never release ideas XD