Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SMF Question

Jamessut

Currently i am running SMF 1.1.10 and hosting using 000webhost.
I've set up my forum and everything too.

But currently all the best themes and mods require the 2.0 RC2 version and i was trying to work out how to update from 1.1.10 to 2.0\. I know you need to download the 2.0 large upgrade but then what do you do with the zip file and how can i update without losing all my files and topics.

The second thing is i was wondering how to get a shoutbox like the one eclipse uses. I go on the mod files on the SMF downloads part but all the shoutbox's there either do not work or need version 2.0\. If you could tell me what shoutbox eclipse is using that would be greatly appreciated.

If this is in the wrong board please move it.

Thanks!

Unzip all the large upgrade files and then upload all those files to your forum directory. It will replace most of the old files.

Then goto www.yourwebsite.com/yourforum/upgrade.php

go through the steps.

All your posts etc will most likely be fine. There is a option to check to make a backup just incase. The shoutbox we use is ez portal.

I replaced all the files but it says this when i try to update.

Updating Settings.php… Successful.
Updating and creating indexes... Unsuccessful!

This query:
ALTER TABLE smf_smileys
ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;
Caused the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

~~Ok i replaced EVERY file using the java applet but i still get the same error:

Updating Settings.php… Successful.
Updating and creating indexes... Unsuccessful!

This query:
ALTER TABLE smf_smileys
ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;
Caused the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2~~

FIXED
If anyone else has this error go here: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1079.0

Otherwise mods can just delete this topic. Thanks Marsh.