Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse for dummies.

Keebler Elf

Just click the link below and it will open up the tutorial. It is in adobe pdf format because it was 23 pages long.

[http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/ddcabb174a14c11ab1d5bb8ecc48a677.pdf](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/ddcabb174a14c11ab1d5bb8ecc48a677.pdf)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Keebler, this is a very nice tutorial; I like how it's worded.
There are afew things I noticed when you tried to bring in the techniquals of certain things (I noticed you left some attributes blank in some places, and other things could use some better descriptions).

I'll skim over it again real quick, and just type my comments on here about certain parts:
The 'Roof' is like a fringe later, but when a player walks under it, it disappears, so you can have a house with a roof, and when the user enters the house, he can see inside it, and the Roof/Block is a roof with a "block" attribute with it.
I forget what "Door" does, I think it's a mask or tile that "opens" when the player hits "ctrl" (or enter, I forget which) to allow the player though, kind of like the key.
"Walk Through" is certainly not pointless, as it allows players to walkthrough each other.  This prevents players from "blocking" other players in narrow walkways such as a bridge, etc.
I would re-write the "Click" description to atleast link it to the OnClick sub.
You may want to explain real quick what difference between locked and unlocked classes.
I'm not sure if that's what HPRegen is for; I think when it's set to "0", the player will not regen HP, and when it's set to 1, he will; don't quote me on this though.
I'm also not sure if that's what NPCRegen is meant for, I think it's the same as for HPRegen.
MPRegen, SPRegen, etc, see "HPRegen"; once again, I never experimented with it recently, so I may be deadwrong, so let me know if you tested that (e.g. putting "50" down and seeing if they regenerate by "50").
For "Scrolling", if it's set to 0, the below numbers wouldn't be taken into consideration, and the XY of the map will be set to the size of the main window.

"SpriteSize" should explain that you can have it 0 for 32x32 and 1 for 32x64 (the current description looks as if the user can enter "4" and make the sprite "size 4").
Custom enables the user to create a custom character, choosing from a seperate head, body, and legs, when creating their character.
Level, I think sets the starting level.
Email, if set to '1', will force the user to enter his email when registering.
VerifyAcc, if set to 1, will send a varification email to the user (not sure if that ever worked though).

I hope this helps you with updating your tutorial :)

• 2 weeks later...
@Keebler:

> If you want me to update it I can. I know it could use it I just never took the time. (its a old tutorial…)

Yeah, I know.  It doesn't _need_ to be updated, but it could use it
Even know this tutorial is meant for the EE Series, it still applies to the majority of the releases, so even updating those points, when you get the time, would be ideal.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
@Sekaru:

> I thought I'd mention that setting Level as 1 means that levels will show e.g:
>
> Level = 0:
>
> Bob
>
> Level = 1:
>
> Bob - Level 99
>
> etc.

This is a old guide so some things such as that are outdated. I dont want to update this when [eo] is what people should be using.