Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Final Fantasy VI tiles!

chiccora

OH NO! Not another FF fan game that will never leave the development stage! Well, lets chang that…I am working on a FF fan/tribute orpg...originally I was using the PW engine, and was using FFIV/V sprites and tiles...now that I am uing eclipse, I stepped it up a bit and am using FFIV graphics...I already have every single sprite covered, I am now looking for TILES! Can anyone direct me in the right place...so far I have tiles for a town and airship but I need more :) Please help! Thanks in advance!

Haha trust me i have done some googling, and if i found what i needed I would not be posting. I have got two sheets from charas, and I am currently looking at the Spriters Resources, I would just need to do some resizing and editing with the tiles they have there.

But if anyone has some FFVI tiles already, I would not mind taking them ;)

alright, at least you searched before posting :P if i ever find any, i'll post them, but i'm not much into looking for tiles, i'd rather make my own so there's only 1% chance i'll ever find any lol
good luck though!
it'd be fun to have a FF fan game, i don't know why they seem to fail a lot but meh..
i'd definately play

Thanks for the reply! I am actually refering to the snes one although I believe both games have the same sets. Regardless though, I have snes tiles and all my sprites are from the snes version….so if you could provide me with a link here or in pm that would be wicked! Thanks again for your help...have not been in the eclipse community for very long but so far everyone here is helpful!

Thanks! I have seen these before so I will most likely be using that site…I am just going to have to expand the images a bit so it fits well with the sprites and then make them into tiles...I have not messed around with the tile editor much yet, so it would be awesome if I could just copy and paste the images into their own tile set haha...somehow I doubt that's possible due to how large the maps are...haha damn my lazyness...thanks for the link again. :)

I was messing around with inputing the tiles in…I just stretched the map by double and cutting random parts into the my "tiles8.bmp" and when I have tested it out..so far so good..not as difficult as I thought it would be..it will be time consuming but at the same time it will not take as long as I thought it would. :) This is good news, so far I got all my sprites/big sprites graphics (About 150 GFX, all ripped though from Final Fantasy VI, Crono Trigger and Breath of Fire II), my item sheets all done (No paperdoll in this game though)...now with the Spriters Resource and messing with the maps, I will have all my graphics done pretty fast and will be on my way to creating this game :)

@chiccora:

> I was messing around with inputing the tiles in…I just stretched the map by double and cutting random parts into the my "tiles8.bmp" and when I have tested it out..so far so good..not as difficult as I thought it would be..it will be time consuming but at the same time it will not take as long as I thought it would. :) This is good news, so far I got all my sprites/big sprites graphics (About 150 GFX, all ripped though from Final Fantasy VI, Crono Trigger and Breath of Fire II), my item sheets all done (No paperdoll in this game though)...now with the Spriters Resource and messing with the maps, I will have all my graphics done pretty fast and will be on my way to creating this game :)

Very nice – I look forward to your WIP post :)