Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ship Programming

chickens1127

This is a geeneral question, which may or may not include Eclipse depending on your awnsers.

I would like to make a pirate game, where there are ships. If you buy the deed to one, you can recruit players to serve on the ship. Let's say one ship contains 10 people and the owner can navigate the ship just like a character. Then the navigator sails his/her ship up to another ship, and then a melee ensures, just like a PvP battle.

Know, I know this would include serious modding of Eclipse. Is this possible? And if not, is there any other programs which would let me make a game like this?

(P.S> I have made games with Eclipse, know some light programming, never modded Eclipse)

Well that really depends on you. If your comfortable with a language already, than that is a good place to start. If your new to programming or don't want to use vb6 than I strongly recommend python, ruby or some other high level language. The difficulty with this project as with most projects is completing it. A high level language will allow you to write less code to do the same job.

Yeah unknown speaks da troof.

It will be difficult regardless, but if you want to use the Eclipse engine still you'll need to learn Visual Basic and get yourself a copy of VB6\. If you wait a little while for SolarEclipse which has yet to be released you will be able to program it in Java using that engine.