Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where to start?

Eevee

Hello everyone. I know you guys probably get asked this question a lot but here it is again :P

Which version of EO is good to start with? I am willing to learn VB 6.

I don't want the 4.0 one cause i want to be able to add my own features.

Could you guys point me in the right direction for getting started on learning VB 6? Preferably Tutorials that are right here on these forums.

Thanks for your help, guys :D

Hii Eevee, you can Start using the standart engine 

"Eo 2.0" - "Eclipse Origins 2.0"

It is basic and raw.. was a landmark, but accept much of the tutorials and others.

Her use the Dx7 Graphics Mods, based in emutaled and seach the pics in Data sourcer…

To begin start, this is pretty, in my opinion.

> Hii Eevee, you can Start using the standart engine 
>
>  
>
> "Eo 2.0" - "Eclipse Origins 2.0"
>
>  
>
> It is basic and raw.. was a landmark, but accept much of the tutorials and others.
>
>  
>
> Her use the Dx7 Graphics Mods, based in emutaled and seach the pics in Data sourcer…
>
>  
>
> To begin start, this is pretty, in my opinion.

Thanks,but I can hardly understand what you're saying so i am assuming English isn't your first language. I guess I'll go download EO 2.0 and look up some tutorials thanks

A bit more of info:

Here we have two base engines. Onenwhichbuses dx7 and one which uses dx8\. The main difference between these two is transparency while rendering. Keep this in mind while selection your engine. Also most of the tuts were made with eo2.0 in mind but with the right experience expertise you can convert them into dx8 version as well. (most of which tuts will work on both.)

> peoples count the legend about a language dead… calls her "Vb6" u.u rsrs..  advice to me no spend my time studying vb6?

I serioulsy didn't understand much of what you said other than the last few words.

Yes, if you don't already know VB6 don't learn it. It is basically dead and no one has any use for it other than a few people here and there. Learn a modern language like DotNet or Java or JavaScript.

I beg to differ. It all depends on what your focus is. If this is just a hobby, go for VB6\. If you're interested in studying the subject, go for a more modern language. VB6 isn't the optimal language to use, but it can still work quite well.