Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it worth it?

Eevee

Is gold actually worth it? I mean some of the features are great,but i can probably sure around the forums for the same ones,right?So why spend  $30 for it when you can't add the features you want? Now,I am thinking about getting it and im on the edge. I just need to know what makes it so great that it is worth the money.

In my opinion it is worth it. I have purchased both EO Gold and the Server Hosting Package with it. It's an engine that meets my needs and have enjoyed it thus far.

Although you cannot edit the source code, the amount of features and stability in EO Gold is staggering compared to previous versions of EO.

Before purchasing though I do recommend you try out the Silver Edition for free to see what it is all about, so you can make an informed decision. Hoped that helped!! ^_^

I have messed around with the silver version and thats what led me to make this post. Thats part of the reason why i am on the edge,but if MarcusX decides to buy it and we work together,than I wont buy it.

Long story short, no you won't. EO 4.0+ has features that you won't find in the tutorial section. The most important "feature" in 4.0 is stability and optimization. While 2.0 won't throw errors at you every five seconds, it still has a noticeable amount of known bugs. Furthermore, the one thing 4.0 has that 2.0 - 3.0 doesn't is support from the developer himself and frequent enough updates to fix bugs and tweak features.

As Agora said, try the silver version to get an idea of what the in-game content can do, but keep in mind that you get a GUI editor with the purchase of a gold license. Mind you this isn't limited to the in-game GUI. Don't want a pet system in your game and you want to remove the "Pets" button? You can make it invisible with the editor.

If you're just interested in making games, go with Silver. If you're interested in going commercial with game development, go with Gold. If you don't mind the everlasting hassle of having to program and fix up your engine, go with an open source engine.

> Long story short, no you won't. EO 4.0+ has features that you won't find in the tutorial section. The most important "feature" in 4.0 is stability and optimization. While 2.0 won't throw errors at you every five seconds, it still has a noticeable amount of known bugs. Furthermore, the one thing 4.0 has that 2.0 - 3.0 doesn't is support from the developer himself and frequent enough updates to fix bugs and tweak features.
>
>  
>
> As Agora said, try the silver version to get an idea of what the in-game content can do, but keep in mind that you get a GUI editor with the purchase of a gold license. Mind you this isn't limited to the in-game GUI. Don't want a pet system in your game and you want to remove the "Pets" button? You can make it invisible with the editor.
>
>  
>
> If you're just interested in making games, go with Silver. If you're interested in going commercial with game development, go with Gold. If you don't mind the everlasting hassle of having to program and fix up your engine, go with an open source engine.

I have messed with it lol. Thats why i am thinking about buying it. And i like the idea of the GUI Editor. Like I said,if MarcusX buys it and we work together,I wont buy it.

• 2 weeks later...
Other versions of EO - Needs work. You need to program the features you want (Mostly), fix the bugs, etc. However, you can do whatever you want because you have the source code. If you can program or can pay a programmer, use one of these. (I believe EO 2 is the favorite)

EO 4 - Stable, Optimized, No bugs (That I know of), All the features you need to make a decent game. If you cannot program or have no money to get a programmer, use this version of Eclipse. It'll provide everything to you that you need to make a game without any programming knowledge.

Is it worth it? If you are making a small game for friends, do not buy it. Silver should provide you all you need for a hobby project. If you are actually trying to make something good that you want to get a small player base for, then yes, buy it

Hope this insight helped you, and anyone else that stumbles to this thread