Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zombie game, please give advice!

Toxikr3

Hi guys!

I have finally decided to start a game with Eclipse Stable, and I am working on it in my little free time :D

I do not have the whole game figured out yet, so I'd like some advice/tips from you guys.

This game will be sort of like a single player type game, where you go through different levels. This game will be "beatable", so once you go through the different levels you finish the game pretty much.

My storyline developed yet since I am working on the engine itself, just adding stuff to it etc.

I would simply like some feedback on the next few lines :D Please bare in mind, this is simply right out of my mind. So not very organized ^_^

You will start in a city, and slowly hear about the zombies. When you get to the next city you will see more zombies and in the next city even more etc.

You can only go in a different city if you have finished the "main quests" in that city. You can go back to a city,  but not forward if you haven't finished the quests.

This will limit the players, so the world is not truly open.

There will be different classes, with different abilities in terms of weapon/armor usage. The weapons will be limited to one class.

Some classes I am thinking of:

Medic type class - This class will have great hp, decent defense, and decent power. Is limited to SMG type weapon, pistols and knives. Special ability(preliminary) - They have medic packs which can heal other players including themselves.

Assault type class- This class will have great power, decent defense, and decent hp. Is limited to assault rifle type weapons, pistols and knives. Special ability(preliminary) - They have adrenaline injections to increase power for a period of time.

Heavy type class - This class will have massive power, low defense decent hp. Is limited to rocket launcher type weapons, pistols, and knives.

Also thinking of quests that will require a team to finish… just thinking.

That is all for now.

Please give any advice you can to help me. Thanks in advance.

-Toxikr3

• 3 weeks later...
I don't quite understand how it's a single player game yet you have a medic to heal other players.  :huh:

Zombie games have been done way to many times, chances are, if someone wants a zombie game, it wont be yours. I highly doubt you can compete with millions, literally millions of zombie games with similar game play and identical storyline.

Also, why doesn't heavy have a special ability thing?

Common sense:
Don't use a
Massively
MULTIPLAYER<–------------------------|
Online                                                |
Role                                                  |
Playing                                              |---Conflicting statements
Game                                                |
                                                        |
Maker to build a SINGLE PLAYER game.<--|