Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Map compatability?

k0rn

im sorrry im asking this but will my old maps work? im assuming yes cuz theyre all .dat. Im transporting from Stable. And also i do know some VB so we wont need to learn to program(me and my team)

@Rodriguez:

> Actually … when I release the podcast later today on the RSS feed, Robin does talk about how EO will work with previous versions. Just another reason to listen to the Eclipse Podcast. ;D
>
> - Adulese

No, I say that I'm creating a converter. Read the post where I talk about features for 1.0.3 above. xD

@SHADERS:

> did you take my suggestion of wher eyou move on a certain layer (attribute, change layer then choose what layer you see above or below you.)
>
> when do you expect to release the next update?

No.

And I have no idea. Whenever I get time to program.

@SHADERS:

> did you take my suggestion of wher eyou move on a certain layer (attribute, change layer then choose what layer you see above or below you.)
>
> when do you expect to release the next update?

SHADERS, it's not a good idea because don't even take into account collisions, or the rendering system… it'd be easier to just combine multiple maps and having the "above" location be a seperate map that draws the connecting maps in real-time (which isn't easy either).

@Robin:

> @Rodriguez:
>
> > Actually … when I release the podcast later today on the RSS feed, Robin does talk about how EO will work with previous versions. Just another reason to listen to the Eclipse Podcast. ;D
> >
> > - Adulese
>
> No, I say that I'm creating a converter. Read the post where I talk about features for 1.0.3 above. xD

dude, convert your save/load methods to parsing byte arrays. Therefore you will not have to worry about compatibility in future versions.

@Zetta:

> @Robin:
>
> > @Rodriguez:
> >
> > > Actually … when I release the podcast later today on the RSS feed, Robin does talk about how EO will work with previous versions. Just another reason to listen to the Eclipse Podcast. ;D
> > >
> > > - Adulese
> >
> > No, I say that I'm creating a converter. Read the post where I talk about features for 1.0.3 above. xD
>
> dude, convert your save/load methods to parsing byte arrays. Therefore you will not have to worry about compatibility in future versions.

Nuuu.

@Robin:

> @Zetta:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > @Rodriguez:
> > >
> > > > Actually … when I release the podcast later today on the RSS feed, Robin does talk about how EO will work with previous versions. Just another reason to listen to the Eclipse Podcast. ;D
> > > >
> > > > - Adulese
> > >
> > > No, I say that I'm creating a converter. Read the post where I talk about features for 1.0.3 above. xD
> >
> > dude, convert your save/load methods to parsing byte arrays. Therefore you will not have to worry about compatibility in future versions.
>
> Nuuu.

its not hard

• 5 months later...