Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Magic isn't working

scanlon

in what way does it not work? if it doesnt appear in your spells area you needa make a spell, then make an item called a magic book or somthing and get an icon and that and change the type of item to "spell" then to your right there will be somthing what lets you select a spell to put in the book, select a spell then click Ok or apply or what ever, then go to map editer > attribates > Item then a pop up will…. pop up? then you select an item, then you select your book containing your spell, then place it, then click save, then it should appear, walk over it and press enter, then go to inventory then double lcick your book and it'll say you learnt a spell, then you go to spells, double click it, select an NPC, and hit Insert and Vwala!

Sorry guys… What I mean is, When I do everything Radekil9 says and then press Insert or click cast spell nothing happens. I've tried it hundreds of times all in small different ways but all that seems to happen is that the character will move as if attacking but will not cast any spells or do any damage or nothing.
Any ideas?

ah k, you have to click the player/enemy you want to cast the spell on, and you MUST be within certain range. try doing it right next to them. oh and also double click the spell in the list so u memorize it, a message will show in ur chat box. hope that helps

Spells don't work in Eclipse Evolution 2.7; get Eclipse Stable from the Downloads area, or if you have Visual Basic 6, fix the spell system via source code (I can link you to the spell fix, but as I said, it requires editing the source code).

Alternatively, there's always Eclipse Evolution 2.8 as well, if you don't want Eclipse Stable, which I think has the spells fixed.

@scanlon:

> Ok… What is better? Eclipse Stable or 2.8? And If I use Stable can I transfer all my mapping over to it as I have done too much to just drop

I think Eclipse Evolution 2.8 uses the same map format (you'll have to edit the data.ini to configure it and stuff)
If you've done too much mapping though, you may want to just get the source to EE2.7, and Visual Basic 6, and fix the spell bug yourself if you don't have much results with transferring.
I don't think ES is very compatible with EE2.7 though; EE2.8 is just 2.7 with some fixed bugs. 
You can find EE2.8 (as well as links leading to all the fixes, so you can edit your 2.7 source and fix it yourself) here: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,44001.0.html