Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Engine Wolf

SpiceyWolf

Hello everyone. I am SpiceyWolf, your wise sage wolf here!

Today, I am going to work on developing off of Prospekt Source as a custom engine.

Why Prospekt, and why another vb6 engine? Well currently Im too much of a perfectionist with my vb.net engine, so that wont be done anytime soon. I want everything to be as powerful as possible, yet as simple and clean as possible to be a perfect engine for learning and using professionally with no floating code that is unused or useless or even low performance. Prospekt in my oppinion, has shown to be the cleanest and fastest vb6 engine I've found(aside from vbgore which is weaved to heavily into mysql for many people to understand). Aside from that fact, alot of features not commonly used or requested that are quite big such as events or instanced maps have been implemented quite smoothly and very clean. Alot of features in this engine seems to be also implemented in smarter ways. Aside there is alot to become of this engine with a little dedication and time.

Why even bother making a custom engine? Well my dedication is to make a pretty beast engine for some friends I have all requesting engines like stable to be improved, or EO made with all of stables features and more in a much more efficient way, or my occassional facebook friends who beg me to help them remake their favorite 3dMMO's for them in a way they can manage and own it(rather than doing crappy unchangable private servers). So my quest has thus started today. I will be progressing said engine and trying to make it the cleanest fastest and most efficient vb6 engine out there. Sure that goal will take a LONG time to be sure of, but for now itll start with a great base, and the viewers of this post to dedicate time in to help suggest features and find bugs for me to fix.

Currently, the engine possess's everything of a base Prospekt Source engine, as well as the old server GUI/GUI features that were implemented in the old Prospekt Master Source that eaten brain sold before working on prospekt source(the new version). The old master source came with a website and Launcher/updater which I will include with this project as soon as I re-link compatability between the engine and said projects.

Features I've added so far:

Prospekt Master Server GUI

Prospekt Master Donation System(Only a status for a player for now.)

Features planned:

Time/Date modifier(server sided, client if requested enough)

Donator access perks(such as access to maps and quests and events etc)

Quest System

Pet System

Guild System(with guild logo's)

Actual Day Night System(based off a top layer instead of attribute)

In conclusion I only have a few general features planned at the current moment just to keep from getting overwhelmed. Suggest features and report any bugs found and together we'll get back opensource free engines again to make games WORTH buying from a general public  :)

I appreciate everyone's future support.

PS: All future releases will never remove a feature unless its buggy/unstable, unnecessary, or remade more efficiently.

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/elz3mjtu9q2qnf3/Engine%20Wolf.rar](https://www.dropbox.com/s/elz3mjtu9q2qnf3/Engine%20Wolf.rar)

> Quest System  - already done
>
> Pet System -   already done
>
> Guild System(with guild logo's) - all ready done
>
> these features are already done in prospekt so how are they planned?

Depends which version your refering to… None of those are done in the newest version specificly called "Prospekt Source". Go to their github and download it yourself - I am ripping what they did have from the older versions of their engines and reimplementing first and improving where it was sloppy or lacking before moving forward

Im using their newest version cause it was the cleanest and had the most bug fixes btw

:) If you would like, you may contribute ideas as well to this, as previously stated i wanna make a super clean engine out of this as overloaded with features as possible inspired by the communities desired features ^w^ Of course Ill be juggling working on my .net engine with this cause both of them need to live xD I dont know how well of a coder you are, or your team(if you have one) but your always welcome to snag a copy of this engine if at some point you find it better :)

I admire your dedication but you will be making an engine for 1 type of game only.

Can't see why people still bother with vb6.

Why not making a Real engine?

Having the option to choose what kind of game you would like to create: turn based combat, sidescroller, etc.

Haven't seen anything good so far from people, just 1 type of game but sometime with different graphics and stories.

truthfully a vb6 engine just isnt powerful enough to be capable of handeling multiple game types like that xD mr Miguu released sidescroller engines already for those… and turn based combat really isnt too hard but its pretty game specific since not many games call for it, and those that do, theres already rpg maker out there :D

Also i am developing an engine with vb.net as well(pretty sure i mentioned above) its just time consuming and im no where near final product so im doing this as well at the same time :D