Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aliant port fowarding help

blackkat9666

Well I'm using the Aliant router, I am using wireless on my laptop and when I go to port foward, I don't know what to chose in here:

![](http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/blackkat9666/portfowarding.jpg)

I have read tutorials but it seems that no one uses Aliant. Or I might've forgot a part or didn't read properly.
Anyways, help would be apreciated.
(sorry if the image is too big)

Alright I'll try that, thanks.

[EDIT] hmm…Seems like I can't edit the port to set it to 4000 or 4001\. I think that's a problem.
[EDIT2] ok I am dumb, I just had to scroll down after clicking edit -.-

[EDIT3] sadly it wont work, it's like there's something blocking it :/ I've disabled my firewall to try and see if that would work but it didn't. I've followed every step on this http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Siemens/Speedstream-6520/Eclipse.htm but sadly there's still something wrong.

It may not be forwarding to your specific computer, if the one to direct it to was automatically there.

Run an ipconfig in your command prompt; you should have a local address, default gateway, and public address; what's your local IP address?
It will be like your default gateway, except afew numbers near the end changed; is that the address set to direct the port to?

It's just one number less. I guess I'll try that one and run the port checker tool to make sure it works.

[EDIT] on the port checker tool it automaticaly says the IP that automaticaly appears when trying to port foward.
and on here http://canyouseeme.org/ it keeps saying Error: I could not see your service
Reason: Connection timed out

I seriously don't get why it wouldn't work…wait do I have to restart my router for it to work? :huh:

[EDIT2] restarting the router didn't do anything exept change my WAN IP adress -.-

I guess I'll try no-ip, maybe it's just a port block I can't get over or something.
Thanks for trying to help.

[EDIT] ok even no-ip doesn't work :/ do I have to do something with the main computer? The one that's actually connected to the router instead of this laptop which has wireless.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the double post but I need to bump this up.

I've contacted my router's customer support by email and this is what they sent

> Thank you for contacting Bell Aliant Trouble Resolution. The portforwarding itself is not something that is supported by Bell Aliant.If it is not working for you I would suggest to set up the modem touse a DMZ. To do this you would go to the 192.168.2.1 page and thenclick on advanced and then applications. Here you will see DMZ. Youwould enabled the IP address for the one of your choice. Then wouldassigned that IP address to the computer you need to bypass thefirewall within the modem. At this point your computer would havedirect access to the internet, it would not be going through anyfirewall.

This time, I've tried it and the "canyouseeme" website says something diffrent now. "connection refused".
Am I screwed? XD

• 2 months later...