Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making Money

Harris6310

I know there are like a thousand of these topics, but this one is very specific. I know that if you use completely custom graphics, music and sounds you can legally make money off your game. But what if I were to use Inquisitor's tilesets? Because he releases them as free to use.

@Harris:

> Great! And you say you can't make money with a Eclipse game. Why not? It's possible, you just need to work hard and stick to it.

Because no one is stupid enough to give money to a small game run by a kid who barely knows what he's doing.

Have you ever played Odyssey Classic? It has crap graphics, sound and game play but it is awesome game because of the PvP and the people who play it. Yesterday I bought a player house on there. That's the sort of game I am making, well, I'll try with the graphics, sound and game play.

Yes, but that pre-dates Mirage and is actually created for the job.

EE and ES weren't created for a specific job and it shows. They're unwieldy and ugly at the best of times. Plus, when you actually get to the point where your game is developed and you want to start editing the source code, you can't because the source code is a big mess.

You're not going to make any money with it. Better people have tried and failed.