Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Source Code Editing For Fixing Bug

Jesseg2

I have found a bug and I have found how to fix it, This is my other post on the bug http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,61212.0.html

So no one else wants to help fix this bug but I have found in the source where the mistake is but now how do I edit it? I got the VB and all and I see all the coding it all work but when I edit the coding and save it, it does not thing… is it because all the source files are all in the .exe file already and I need to remake it or something... can some just tell me how I get the source code I edited to run???

Thanks for to you all that try to help!

ok, this is confusing… can someone either change the small bug ~~~ change the magic to speed and speed to magic and build the .exe or can they take my file add it the the full source and build the .exe and send me it?

what to edit is in the file modHandleData.bas you go to the part that says points add or something and go down to the part where it shows the case 2 and 3 they should be magic add and speed add just switch them around ...  because the bug is that when you train you magic you get up speed and same with the speed....

@Jesseg2:

> ok, this is confusing… can someone either change the small bug ~~~ change the magic to speed and speed to magic and build the .exe or can they take my file add it the the full source and build the .exe and send me it?
>
>   what to edit is in the file modHandleData.bas you go to the part that says points add or something and go down to the part where it shows the case 2 and 3 they should be magic add and speed add just switch them around ...  because the bug is that when you train you magic you get up speed and same with the speed....

It's more than just that. Whoever coded it had it backwards in many places. Unknown_Raven has found about 5 areas where it's wrong. It's currently on the list to fix in the next version of Stable.